Mental health awareness

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
One thing i decided to do differently this time around is to actually cure my mental health issues, so i have been doing this therapy call emdr to deal with my anxiety and anger!

Every part of my brain tells me this stuff can't work, i hold pulsing paddles in my hands and explore my troubles, yesterday at theeapy i cried uncontrollably when dealing with my anxiety for the upcoming wedding... Leave come today, this wedding not making me anxious to the same degree, i have some anxiety because you cant just get better in one session, but not nearly what i was feeling before, and my desire to stress eat is less because my stress is less

Winwin and i need to share this, i cant with my family they helped make me this way

Replies

• jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    EMDR is quite effective; I have had students who underwent treatment that were able to manage their mental health so much better. Good for you!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I am an awful writer after a long dwy, i am pretty sure half of my statements dont even make sense together.

The EMDR is fantastic for me. My rambling point was suppose to be that we cant just heal our bodies we need to heal what broke us in the first place.

I am so pleased that my anxiety is less and i am seeing a difference that way.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That is great that you are brave enough to tackle that. Vent away here. I understand not being able to talk to your family about some stuff.