Fuller longer?

Options
nikkiab86
nikkiab86 Posts: 45 Member
I'm completely new to this diet. I've tried other diets but I'm still hungry between meals. I was wondering would I feel fuller on this diet? I have a problem with in between meals and snacks. I've asked others on MFP, but someone said I was better off joining the paleo group for answers. Thank you

Replies

• auntneen
    auntneen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you are not fat phobic, meaning you increase your fat intake (coconut oil, avocado, whole eggs, olives, ghee, etc) with every meal then yes you should feel more full for longer periods of time. In the past I've found that as long as I don't overdo fruits and other sweeter tasting Paleo foods (and my meals are big enough to satiate) then I don't even snack in between meals.
  • janpuzzle31
    janpuzzle31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My experience of eating paleo is that I don't feel hungry between meals in the same way, I don't have that demanding hunger that I now associate with sugar addiction rather than true hunger. It is challenging removing processed foods and sugar but well worth the effort if you want to curb your hunger.
  • kjwalker2014
    kjwalker2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I went from eating tons of grains to doing a whole 30...for 6 straight months!! Whole 30 and paleo are very similar. During my transition, I was VERY hungry for the first couple weeks!! I ate every paleo thing in sight! Then for the next week I was hardly hungry at all and had to force myself to eat 500 or 600 calories a day. I balanced out after that and never get hangry anymore. I am very rarely actually "hungry", maybe first thing in the morning sometimes. The first few weeks can be tough depending on how your diet is now but once you get through the transition it will be well worth it.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I find paleo to be a very satisfying WOE. Before, I could easily eat a half a loaf of bread or a massive plate of pasta, no problem... and then I'd be hungry again in an hour. Now I can eat until I'm full, and the foods that I'm eating actually make me feel good! I don't feel heavy or lethargic the way I used to eating a mountain of refined carbs at every meal.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I agree with above, and also it depends on where you are starting from. It should help you if you can stick with it! Eat your healthy fats and your proteins, veggies add bulk, and you should do much better!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Fat is your friend! I've increased my [healthy] fat intake to about 100g per day and can last for hours in-between meals. The sugar withdrawals are a doozy though, but it's my own darn fault.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    I find paleo to be a very satisfying WOE. Before, I could easily eat a half a loaf of bread or a massive plate of pasta, no problem... and then I'd be hungry again in an hour. Now I can eat until I'm full, and the foods that I'm eating actually make me feel good! I don't feel heavy or lethargic the way I used to eating a mountain of refined carbs at every meal.

this
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Yeah, eating high-fat helps. Also eating big meals (300-600+ calories at once). Dribbling it out through the day is counterproductive, IMO. That's pretty standard in the Intermittent Fasting approach.