Fat Bombs?

Options
pennell12
pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
Hello all,

I was recently told about using so called "Fat Bombs" as part of a lchf WOE. Has anyone here had any experience with these?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I ate them in the beginning. It's basically low carb candy, only you have to keep it in the freezer. They're not a requirement really, but if you look them up on pinterest or google, you can find many recipes.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Fat bombs are a great way to get in your fat if you are having trouble reaching your goal. Some are like "dessert" others are savory. if you search fat bombs in the discussion boards you will find lots of ideas.
  • 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ea101367 wrote: »
    Fat bombs are a great way to get in your fat if you are having trouble reaching your goal. Some are like "dessert" others are savory. if you search fat bombs in the discussion boards you will find lots of ideas.

This is going to sound dense;but thank you! I never understood the purpose of fat bombs. Even though I've found a bunch of recipies on pinterest.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    When I first started I made a couple things. Didn't really love them and quickly realized I didn't need them. My bullet proof coffee assures I get a good start on healthy fats for my day. Much more than that and what's in my food would put me over calories most days.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of having cheesecake after my creamy protein shake for lunch.
    "Is this really a diet???" :smiley:
    I'm finding less carbs = more fat = more fun!

You could try them, if you like them great, if you don't move on.
    That's what's so cool about this diet, you get to try tasty foods.
    Fats open up a very interesting world to us. :smiley:

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    For me, fat bombs were what helped me transition to a truly low carb high fat moderate protein way of eating. I couldn't tolerate as much fats on my meats and such, and so they were a little boost there, and they also massively reduced any sweets cravings while I transitioned. I stopped using them a few months back in favor of one particular fat bomb-ish recipe, but it allowed way too much carb and portion creep, so I'm trying to back off of it completely and get back to individual portioned fat bombs... I'm wanting to get back to the core of what helped me at first, and this is one massive thing that changed!!