Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
My lipid panel:
Cholesterol - 133 (169 on 1-9-15)
Triglycerides - 60 (was 76)
HDL - 50 (was 57)
LDL - 71 (was 97)

This is awesome, and great proof of the high fat not being the cause for elevating cholesterol! I see my doctor on Wednesday to review these labs.

Btw: I am really considered to be zero carb high fat. Here's my greatest assurance that I am doing the right thing!

Replies

• MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations, that's fantastic!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is good. Just remember to keep a balance. If you are already high fat, and you take out carbs completely, replace it with protein. Most extreme low carbers (ketoers) still eat a few veggies, for the essential mineral benefit, so consider that.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Great numbers! And goes to show that we're all different. My LDL was only that low when I was eating high-carb / low-fat years ago.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Great numbers!! I can't wait till next week when I get my test numbers.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Wonderful numbers, Karla! So happy for you!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was to had my results last week and hope my numbers have improved.
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    That is glorious!
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes!!! You are doing great!!!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just curious, are you guys paying huge $ out of pocket for lab work? I contacted some local places that run them and it was really expensive so I didn't do it.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have new lab work this week. Mine is covered by insurance.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    This is a six month check up for me after surgery in January, so insurance pays. Normally it's done once a year. Thanks for all of the comments!
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Great news Karla. Great to have documentation to backup your faith in this WOE. My Dr wouldn't give me the numbers just told me how good they were. Going to ask for copies when I get lab work done in Oct again.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Great results. It's good to see some positive results from your efforts.

Zero Carb is a way of eating. FitGoat on here is zero carb and there are communities on the internet who are totally carb free. Some have been zero carb for many years.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    wonderful to see the figures showing you are doing the right thing for yourself!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Those are some awesome changes. Looking forward to that HDL going back up next time too! :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats Karla, and thank you for sharing!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Very nice! So awesome to see the positive results of hard work. Thanks for sharing with us.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Way to go Karla, all your hard work and dedication is paying off magnificently!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I retested yesterday because the VA said while my HDL and Triglycerides levels improved and the LDL did the opposite which does not make sense. They do not know that can be expected in some LCHF eaters.

Vit D level was >93. I think they may use a budget lab. I bumped up to taking 20K units daily of D3 about a year ago and added K2 to help prevent high Vit D levels. I will keep taking K2 and maybe restart D3 this winter. My goal is the 70-80 range. 2013 I was at 22 and 2014 I was at 28 and I was concerned about heart attack and cancer. They are happy when people test 30-93.