Episode Discussion: May Contain Spoilers

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
So... what does everyone think of the show?

Replies

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    It's interesting to see how it all started. Curious to know how long they will drag out the pre apocalypse time
  • tabicat1031
    tabicat1031 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Was a little slow in the middle, but the last 10 minutes were awesome. Very excited to see how they do this.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I agree it started a little slow, but a picture had to be painted. Did anyone pick up on some of the suttle clues things were starting to go chaotic? Every time someone went outside, there was more and more sirens going on. And they thought nothing of it. Typical Los Angeles stuff. Hahahaha......nope the world is ending. Get out now, get out while you can. Geographically, you would have to go 100 miles to the north or east to get away from any densly populated areas. Less population less walkers.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I loved it more than I thought I would! It was a little slow but I expected that. I didn't think I'd take to the cast as fast as I did....I really liked all of them.
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Since I don't have cable, I bought a season pass on Amazon Prime. Pass holders can view the show the day after it airs. I can't wait to go home tonight and watch it! I watched the trailers and cast interviews yesterday and the thing that struck me was the use of the city of LA as the backdrop. The sets seem very realistic and I like the actors playing the main characters. I think I'll really enjoy this show and this challenge.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Definitely a little slow getting started, but it does have potential. I did pick up on the little clues, how about the empty park? Or the increase in missing person posters? I am glad to have something to look forward to on Sunday nights.
  • racheljonel
    Options
    What about that one guy walking around in the park by himself as they drove by? looked a little walker-ish to me!
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It was a bit slow but you need that to establish the characters. Overall, I loved it and can't wait for the next episode. The one thing that bothered me was how quickly Calvin turned. If I remember correctly, in original series, it would take them a couple days (maybe overnight).
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    OK, so I expected something biological since all the survivors in TWD already have the virus, etc., etc. Did I miss something? In fact I know I did because our Sling App fizzled out for about 5 minutes - when it came back they were dismissing the kids early from school. What was the reason behind that?

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Nick looks strikingly similar to a young Johnny Depp in Benny and June.
  • paf01d
    paf01d Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am confused too. I thought in the beginning of the downfall, you HAD to be bitten to turn, and that over time it infected everyone and that's why no matter how you died you turned. The drug dealer turned after he was shot. I hope they explain that.
    Nick looks exactly like a young Johnny Depp.
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    They just thought you had to be bitten, cause that's how people were dying. The dude at the CDC knew and didn't tell the group when they were there.
    New show=
    I was screaming at the tv the whole time, like why was there not a whole building of zombie junkies responding to all the noise dude was making? Where did Gloria go after Nick left? That really bothered me, hope it gets answered soon, cause I'm still gonna watch lol
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I did like the beginning a lot. Very Walking Dead with suspenceful music. I wonder if next week we meet new characters and another story line? I was finding myself looking for some action but they do have to build from it. Maphammods, there was a news video leaked on the net about a man getting shot over and over and he keeps getting up. That's why school let out early.

Nick: Bennie and June Johnny Depp. I got that too. Excited to see zombies again!!!
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I went in expecting it to be a cheesy spin off and I also thought we would have to go an episode or two before seeing any zombies, thank goodness that wasn't the case. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    The church being empty when the parents came back made me think of government cover-up, just like at the hospital where the guy coded and they rushed him down "with the others". That kinda helped me figure out why the Atlanta hospital had that one whole section blocked off, it probably started as a quarentine area for the dead. I did laugh a little when the one kid with the knife said " safer in large groups". Aaaah, nope!! More chances for mass death in large groups.
  • racheljonel
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    The church being empty when the parents came back made me think of government cover-up, just like at the hospital where the guy coded and they rushed him down "with the others". That kinda helped me figure out why the Atlanta hospital had that one whole section blocked off, it probably started as a quarentine area for the dead. I did laugh a little when the one kid with the knife said " safer in large groups". Aaaah, nope!! More chances for mass death in large groups.

The story sync kinda touched on this. They had a document on there from the World Health Organization that said something like "restrain the deceased by any means possible". So I def agree it was a cover up!

The story sync is awesome. Do any of you use it?

• Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there was a story sync to this!!! smh!
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I'm finally home from my business trip. Had to watch the first episode in a hotel. Couldn't rewind :(
    I can't wait to DVR it and go back and check details.
    I am in love with Madison. I hope they keep her a strong woman and don't make her start acting like a helpless damsel in distress.

I feel so dumb, I don't even know what a story sync is...
  • kaylamichellemason
    kaylamichellemason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I loved the church scenes. Soo creepy. Can't wait for more action and seeing how the characters react to having to learn survival skills. By the way, I did the squat challenge and I am now a noodle haha. Ouch!
  • racheljonel
    Options
    Story sync is fantastic. It's an interactive kind of guide, I guess, that plays along with new episodes. There are polls, quizzes, games, gore-gauges for kills, extra info (like the WHO orders for the first Fear episode for example), etc.

http://www.amc.com/story-sync