Episode Discussion: May Contain Spoilers

Options

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    paf01d wrote: »
    I am confused too. I thought in the beginning of the downfall, you HAD to be bitten to turn, and that over time it infected everyone and that's why no matter how you died you turned. The drug dealer turned after he was shot. I hope they explain that.
    Nick looks exactly like a young Johnny Depp.

Yea, I noticed the in-congruency too. There were lots of unturned dead bodies laying around for the first couple of seasons of TWD. The newly deceased didn't turn into walkers until the end of season two--well after this pre-apocalyptic time.
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    paf01d wrote: »
    I am confused too. I thought in the beginning of the downfall, you HAD to be bitten to turn, and that over time it infected everyone and that's why no matter how you died you turned. The drug dealer turned after he was shot. I hope they explain that.
    Nick looks exactly like a young Johnny Depp.

Yea, I noticed the in-congruency too. There were lots of unturned dead bodies laying around for the first couple of seasons of TWD. The newly deceased didn't turn into walkers until the end of season two--well after this pre-apocalyptic time.

How do you know they hadn't been "put down"? That's what I assumed had happened to all the wrapped-up bodies outside the hospital in the pilot episode, for instance.
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    If anyone didn't see the pilot it's free to watch on the AMC website

I was a huge fan of walking dead, it really drew me in from the first episode. Fear of, not so much for some reason. It seemed kind of slow and I really didn't develop a connection to the characters.

I wonder if Calvin turning so fast meant that he was patient zero and that's how his drugs became the vector?

What did you think about the red spots on the face of nick and the kid with a knife? They seemed to keep getting worse and Nicks gate kept getting more and more Walkerish.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    The second episode was much better however I missed the ending! My recording cut off. The neighbor was attacking the party goers and the teen daughter was trying to help. Mom closes the door and it cut off. What happened???
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The second episode was much better however I missed the ending! My recording cut off. The neighbor was attacking the party goers and the teen daughter was trying to help. Mom closes the door and it cut off. What happened???

Thats it really. It just showed the mom and kids in the house all staring at each other and the dad, son and ex with the other family all staring at each other while the one lady prayed. Then it flashed to the neighbor that ate the other neighbors walking toward their house.

Since the phones are starting to cut out and so is the power, I cant help but wonder whether they meet up again, cause I didnt see them agree to a prearranged meeting place if they couldnt meet back at the house.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Anyone see how the Principal got bitten. I saw him patrolling the empty halls and then he was a walker. Where the heck was the one that bit him?
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I didn't see how he was bitten either. And prearranged meeting places are so important. I just went to Chicago and the first thing my husband and I did was arrange a meeting place outside the hotel in case it was overrun by zombies (or ya know, caught fire).
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    They talked about the desert. Maybe they have a place that they go to? We didn't see the bite on the boyfriend either right away. Ya, somehow the walkers are getting away. Even in the church they did. Cover up?
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm not super in love with this series yet and am hoping it grows on me. It's hard to see it as its own, unique creation and not make comparisons. I probably need to use the same trick on this as we do on TWD, which is to record two or three and watch them all at once. The plot advances so slowly that I find that more rewarding. Kind of like hoarding my calories so I can have cake.

I'm assuming they have a cabin in the desert somewhere; but geesh, good luck getting out of LA on those freeways!
  • Psychgrrl
    Options
    How do you know they hadn't been "put down"? That's what I assumed had happened to all the wrapped-up bodies outside the hospital in the pilot episode, for instance.

I don't, they heads just seemed too intact. The image that comes to my mind are the ones in the cars on the highway at the start of season two. And there were other bodies in houses with seemingly intact heads.

I felt they worked really hard to create the impression that you had to be bitten to be infected and then when Shane killed that kid at the end of season two, it seemed kind of a "big reveal" that the kid turned without being bitten. And then Shane. Seemed like an indication the virus, or whatever caused it, had mutated.
  • Psychgrrl
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »
    Anyone see how the Principal got bitten. I saw him patrolling the empty halls and then he was a walker. Where the heck was the one that bit him?

Probably somewhere in the school. Some other staffer that stayed late or a student. Didn't bother me. Lots of places to wander in the school.

There has to be more with that kid who was super prepared for everything. Anyone else disappointed he didn't stay to become a part of "the group?"
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Ya, I like that kid. I hope he sticks around in the show.
  • tj1376
    Options
    I didn't see how he was bitten either. And prearranged meeting places are so important. I just went to Chicago and the first thing my husband and I did was arrange a meeting place outside the hotel in case it was overrun by zombies (or ya know, caught fire).

HAHAH - thats awesome!! I will have to remember that. Always have a prearranged meeting spot.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So it's not on this week??
  • ToughHippieChick
    Options
    So it's not on this week??

Nope :(
    They only made 6 episodes for the first season, so I suspect they are spacing them out.
    On the bright side though, we get to look for details in the reruns that we may have missed the first time around.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Everyone watch? Finally some action! I'm still not loving these characters. Interesting angle with the military involvement at the end. I thought Madison got awfully close to her neighbor not knowing how this virus is spread. I didn't see a bite mark. Oh! They killed the dog!!! I'm pretty sure the dog wouldn't go to the neighbor unless it was his dog. Sad!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    It's strange that the military is clearly killing uninflected ppl. Why? And why keep others safe?
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I was asking myself the same question. Why are they keeping them safe? I think Karma, we killed innocents so lets keep these guys safe for a while? Or orders from above.

So tonight's episode...wow! I'm sad next week is the season finale. I mean, I'm glad we'll be back to our WD group but I feel like we are just getting started with these new characters and I want more! I guess that makes it a successful spinoff...

• ToughHippieChick
    Options
    I heard the code word "Cobalt" last night and it reminded me that originally this spin-off was going to be called "Cobalt Blue."
    I'm enjoying it, but I just can't get into it the way I do with the original WD. Not sure why
  • tj1376
    Options
    I still don't understand why they saved some people, if the orders from on high are just to leave their *kitten* behind when things get out of hand. Seems like a waste of resources and manpower.