Need a motavation buddy

Options
twpushie
twpushie Posts: 8 Member
hi im fairly new here, haven't done a lot lot posting on these sites at all, I'm 46, 5'3 and weigh 177 lbs, can't seem to stick to anything. Do a week or so then seem to always get distracted and slip off. Get a craving and I'm done. Maby some friends to keep me motivated.

Replies

• LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @twpushie, welcome to the group. Feel free to add me. I also have a group on here named, CrossTrainers if you are interested in joining. I post discussions, workout, and recipes tips there. I can send you an invite if you like.
  • BWat68
    BWat68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm not new to the site but I was off for a few months and now back on. I do that A LOT and while I've used the food diary for years, I've never wandered beyond that and now I think I need a motivation buddy because I don't want to slip off again. Once I get started, I am good, but it's getting there that's difficult. I'm starting today with a goal to work out four times a week and of course cutting calories using the food diary. I'm 5'2" and weight 140 lbs. My goal is to get down to 125 by my bday in November.
    Twpushie - what are your plans for getting to your goal?
  • coco_ajax
    coco_ajax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @twpushie and @BWat68 I'll send you both a request :) I've been on and off this for the past couple of years and nothing seems to stick. I'm 44 5'1" 140 lbs and looking at getting down to even 130 lbs by my bday too (in November as well!). I've recently purchased a Fitbit One and having been tracking that for about a week and half. Pretty cool seeing how far i've walked in a day SO why aren't the lbs sliding off!! lol...motivation and accountability is key I guess.
  • bailj67
    bailj67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @twpishie I'll send you a friend request. It's great to connect with new people and keep each other motivated.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @twpishie I posted this response on a similar thread, and I'll repost here as it is worth repeating:

Been on this site regularly for over a year now, have lost 53+ pounds, and still eat a lot of crappy food. Some things I've learned over this period:

This is going to take time. A. LOT. Of. Time. You will get frustrated. You will want to quit. You will feel depressed from time to time. Some of those times will even been on the weeks when you make progress. Here's the thing: DO NOT QUIT!!!! The sweat, the pain, the tears, all of it will be worth it, and sometimes it will be as simple as dropping a single pant size which makes you feel like the king/queen of the world.

Weigh your food. This is far more important than weighing yourself. We often come on here and have the best intentions of logging everything accurately, but often we have no idea how much 2 oz. of pasta really is (it's depressingly little), so we put 2 oz when we just ate 7. I am proud of the weight I've lost, but if I want to continue losing I have to be certain the food I'm taking in is really the correct amount or I am sabotaging myself.

Be honest. Log everything, even the stuff you are embarrassed about. The only one you'd be lying to is yourself if you conveniently "forget" to log the half-bag of potato chips. You will look back and wonder why you aren't losing as you should. It's okay to have bad days, and okay to have good days. Sometimes your victories will be on the scale, other days they'll be non-scale victories. Just be honest with yourself.

This journey is about making progress, not being perfect. DO NOT QUIT and you will see rewards.
  • bslim4me
    bslim4me Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @Graymanstole ~ Thank you for your repost. I really needed to read this. I too have been off and on with MFP this past year. This time I want to change my life, not go on a diet. Been tracking my food intake now for 2 days and getting to use my Fitbit Charge HR. @twpishie I sent you a FR too. I am also looking for friends on MFP. We all can help one another
  • mjg1107
    mjg1107 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I have been in and off MFP for a couple of years. I plan to stick with it this time because it really is the best thing working for me. @Graymanstole I really appreciated the pep talk. I definitely needed the encouragement. I forgot the cashews yesterday but went back and added them :) I'm looking forward to being in this group.
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @Graymanstole, excellent post and I agree with you 100 % especially the food weighing part. It doesn't matter how healthy we are eating, if we are not weighing our food to make sure it's exactly what we are logging, then what's the point of using MFP. Food scales are reasonably priced at Amazon if you don't have one. Follow this http://www.amazon.com/Scales-Measuring-Tools-Cooks-Gadgets/b?ie=UTF8&node=289787
  • TonieOnBadassMission
    Options
    I'm looking for friends also and encouragement. Add me please :)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Consider yourself added
  • fitsashe
    fitsashe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i also need a motivational buddy. I don't have anyone that understands my need to loose 20 pounds and when i talk about it, I think they don't care or get irritated.
  • mjjensen1969
    mjjensen1969 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm New :) I am just trying to figure this all out... I too am looking for an accountability buddy(s) I would love to add someone... Trying to figure out how lol!