Hi new to group.

spacetastic
spacetastic Posts: 23 Member
Hi, not quite sure how this works so here goes! Is it ok to drink almond milk on Atkins? Thank you :)

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Welcome @spacetastic .

I do not know Atkins but I do nutritional ketosis which is <50 grams of carbs. I did use almond milk but the kind not sweetened with any form of sugar but it was more trouble than it was worth. I only used it in my coffee and I moved to using Heavy Whipping Cream due to no carbs and higher in fats. I do medium protein (70-100 grams daily).
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    It is officially allowed according to their website. :)

http://www.atkins.com/how-it-works/atkins-20/phase-1/low-carb-foods
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Hello

Welcome!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Welcome you will find a lot of supportive people here
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Welcome you will find a lot of supportive people here
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Hi! Welcome! Jump right in and join the fun. This is a great group. :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,073 Member
    Hi there, welcome !
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Welcome!

I like the almond/coconut milk blend, because it's 1carb & 1 g fiber so the net is zero. It's not always easy to find, though.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Welcome! :smiley:
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Hello and welcome! Probably ok with almond milk, but check the carbs on the label -- some brands are sweetened. And take a look at the Launchpad for lots of good info on LCHF living. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Sorry, I don't use almond milk, so I'm unsure of an answer to your question, but did want to welcome you!
  • spacetastic
    Thank you all for your welcome and advice. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Hey, there. I am new to this too. I've been shooting for 35-50 net carbs/day since Aug 17. I am amazed at how much more focused I am mentally and feel less "sluggish". I am having problems sleeping, but hoping that my body will get used to this soon and that will resolve. I LOVE the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Every brand pretty much taste the same. I must look for the half almond/half coconut milk mentioned above..never heard of that. I TRULY appreciate the wonderful people in this group and all of advice I have read so far. OP-check out the "launch pad" if you haven't already. It's on the group's homepage (3 paragraphs down from the big steak) :)
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    HI and welcome!!!!
  • spacetastic
    edited August 2015
    I started my low carb 2 weeks ago and so far have lost 7lbs. I feel really good on it and pretty much do my own thing. Tomorrow is my daughters birthday so will have a drink, but I don't berate myself I'll just start again on Thursday. I've learned to not be too ridged with myself otherwise I wouldn't be able to maintain it! :)
  • spacetastic
    Thanks Mj just had a read, very useful glad you pointed it out.