How do you calculate macros on home made bone broth....

kinketo42
kinketo42 Posts: 14 Member
I can't wait to make beef or chicken bone broth in my crock pot... But I'm really concerned about how to adjust them to my macros if I don't know how to calculate Their content..... Any ideas???

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't count it. I do a cup of bullion broth many times, and the macros haven't been enough to worry about, and I'm a big fan of pan drippings and bone broth, but I figure the benefits outweigh the macros, so honestly, I don't calculate anything. I just consume it. I only add leftover veg (like trimmings and skins, etc.), so for the most part, I'm not using any high carb veggies anyway....
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Search the database for soup stock home prepared for the USDA entries for a pretty good guesstimate. Given the carb counts on the chicken stock I assume these are made with the standard stock vegetables (onion, celery, carrot and parsley).
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Distill off the aqueous portion from the lipophillic portion based on the different vapor point temps....no I am just kidding. Go with the USDA estimate; often on nutrition data.com
  • kinketo42
    kinketo42 Posts: 14 Member
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Distill off the aqueous portion from the lipophillic portion based on the different vapor point temps....no I am just kidding. Go with the USDA estimate; often on nutrition data.com
    Lol!!