Side effects?

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,546 Member
I have noticed that the last two weeks I have felt like I was "coming down with something" in the evenings on fast days. The only difference between these two weeks and the 8 before is that I am back to work at school. Does anyone else ever feel like or have any other side effects? I think I am going to make sure I have a bit bigger lunch when I fast and see if that helps. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It could be due to several things....not dividing the daily cals, the way that is best for YOUR body, drinking more water and flushing out minerals like sodium / potassium (add a bouillon and see if it helps), drinking less caffein and going into 'withdrawal' symptoms.

The only side effect I had, was an irregular cycle. That seems to have been due to losing weight and not due to fasting, as it has come back after 1yr of maintainance and I still have 2 fasts a week.

Some go well with not eating all day. I need lunch. At the beginning of fasting, I divided my cals more or less evenly between lunch and dinner. Now I usually have 100-150 for lunch and the rest for dinner and normally do quite well. I stay away from grain carbs on fast days and try to stick to veggies, berries and lean protein sources. If I'm wobbly a bouillon usually helps me.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I am going to try having a few more calories overall for my fast tomorrow and eating a higher portion at lunch. I hadn't thought of the salt loss angle, I will try some bouillon if I start feeling off in the afternoon. I also walk an extra 2-3 miles a day when school is in session, so I think the extra few calories might help.
    As a side note, I have also had cycle weirdness while losing, but I didn't when I was fasting and maintaining.
    I always feel so much better the day after a fast, I can take a few side effects if necessary. :)