FBS and High BS readings

Options
pennell12
pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
Hello al,

I am doing LCHF and am observing a daily pattern of high-- 200 or so--FBS. After eating a cheese stick and almond milk-- they numbers tend to rise by 20 to 30 points.

By noon, when I have a lunch with some more fats and proteins, the numbers will start goibg down--the lowest I have gotten them to go is about 150.

Then after dinner, they are in 150 to 180 range.

I eat a small snack b4 bed.

Same thing happens

I take 200o Metformin ER w2x per day and exercise every other day.

Any idea how to break this pattern>

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    pennell12 wrote: »
    Hello al,

I am doing LCHF and am observing a daily pattern of high-- 200 or so--FBS. After eating a cheese stick and almond milk-- they numbers tend to rise by 20 to 30 points.

By noon, when I have a lunch with some more fats and proteins, the numbers will start goibg down--the lowest I have gotten them to go is about 150.

Then after dinner, they are in 150 to 180 range.

I eat a small snack b4 bed.

Same thing happens

I take 200o Metformin ER w2x per day and exercise every other day.

Any idea how to break this pattern>

A peak at your diary would help.

• pennell12
    Options
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    "This Food Diary is Private "
  • pennell12
    Options
    Oh, how do I change that?
  • pennell12
    Options
    OK, I just made it public!
  • zcb94
    Options
    OK, I just made it public!
    Great, thanks!
    I'm not a doctor, but I'd recommend (from experience being bored with my diet) that you vary your plates and workout routine with your doctors' guidance. I see that you eat, drink and do the same old/very similar things daily. Your body's probably bored by now, and might not change unless you offer different stimuli. Try new LC foods/drinks/meal combos and learn a few fun exercises, like (if you're able) walking/jogging a new route, dancing, chores, biking and horseback riding. (The last three are my personal favorite fat-busters.) You'll be much healthier and a million times happier, I promise. Hope I helped!
  • pennell12
    Options
    I am most concerned with my Fasting Blood sugars being high not lowering until the afternoon. Am I eating too many carbs and not enough fat?
  • zcb94
    Options
    I am most concerned with my Fasting Blood sugars being high not lowering until the afternoon. Am I eating too many carbs and not enough fat?
    Again, I don't know enough to be trustworthy on the issue, but I see too much fat, with only a few carbs.
    Oh, I made a mistake earlier. I mentioned my top 3 exercises. I like dancing, chores, hand-biking and horseback riding, for a total of 4 exercises. My sincerest apologies.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options

I had to wait a while for my #s to come down.
    I'm eating less carbs.
    I don't eat extra food from exercising.
    I watch my calories.
    I keep from getting to much protein, that will raise my #s.
    I use fats to get my calorie count close to my daily amount.

I find it hard to tell others what to do,
    but I like showing them what works for me.
    Anything you take away from that is great! :smiley:

• pennell12
    Options
    Thanks! I am on LCHF WOE and am trying to get more fats in and less protein and carbs. Thanks for your input!