Has anyone tried Contrave???

Options
I am considering trying this medication as I've been on both generic meds before. It's supposed to help with cravings and make food less rewarding. I binge eat and overeat so it seems it might be helpful. Any feedback about experience is appreciated.

Replies

• lannemack
    lannemack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have not but one of my co-workers was on it briefly and it made her irritable.
  • gbutler0140
    gbutler0140 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Opinion:
    The ideal way to approach overcoming your cravings is to find a natural way: Fill in your time with something that will keep your mind engaged so you are not thinking about eating so much; Don't keep food around the house or at work that will tempt you and distract you; If you do have food around, choose fruits and veggies that will be nourishing, and stay away from foods high in addictive added sugars and high fructose corn syrup, etc.... I believe you have the will-power to overcome this and you might just need to find your motivation. But that sometimes seems impossible, I can understand that. So if you choose to use drugs as an aid, approach it cautiously (which it seems you are doing). Always, ALWAYS, talk with your doctor before taking any medications and make sure you have discussed thoroughly all of the aspects of your condition. I guess that's my advice.