Low Carb Revolution..the first time- talk available free til Aug 29

Options
KETOGENICGURL
KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups

http://www.dietdoctor.com/member/presentations/wortman

Dr. Wortman's talk available free to nonmembers Aug 25-29 ONLY…

Share with your friends…..

(skip the home video of his kids skiing the first 3 min..why do people do this?
any pro knows to kick off their talk with something exciting for the audience!!!)
Apologies from Ketogenicgurl--this doesn't get much better..dry, historical lecture, lots of fumbling and word slips..good for those who love info..not a motivator for newbies…forewarned. But if you love snippets of LC history..go for it"

++++++++++++++++++
There’s a low-carb revolution going on today. More and more people now realise that low-carb diets simply work, and that they are safe.

However there was an earlier low-carb scientific revolution. The first one. It occurred a bit more than a decade ago but then it went away. People got scared again.

Low carb was branded a dangerous fad diet – even though there has never been any evidence for this.

Why did this happen? Who made it happen? And how can we prevent that it happens again?

Here’s Dr. Jay Wortman’s presentation on the first low-carb scientific revolution and the role of vested interests.

Table of contents

6:00 The first low-carb scientific revolution
8:00 Herd mentality
13:13 A popular low-carb diet
21:12 Wag the dog
24:00 The sugar and starch industry fights back
30:17 “We’ve got to stop this low-carb foolishness”
35:57 “Why is nutrition so confusing?”

Replies

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just finished it. Wow! Thanks for posting. I had wondered what happened to the Atkins diet I'd heard about in the early 2000s.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Oh, I remember Wortman. He did My Big Fat Diet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjTmdvFH3gQ
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Bump! Just watched. Good info, but unfortunately something that I already knew.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'll check this out later as I'm stuck at my computer working this afternoon.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I am not thrilled with this 'LC talk" it was WAY more political, bashing both parties with UNRELATED war and biased reporting info just to prove "not to follow the herd".

Why? this was LC cruise!! … I could see people in front rows were trapped, bird , and unable to leave… bad.

He did a terrible job, is not a good public speaker, and and I learned almost nothing about even the history of low Carb..oh well
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Does anyone with the full $9 monthly membership fee have a thought on it value to you and how long have you had?