Track Miles ran

Options
SimonT181
SimonT181 Posts: 49 Member
I am surprised by the distance I am starting to run/walk each week and wanted a easy way to track it.As I run on a treadmill or use an elliptical GPS trackers are a over kill. I looked at runkeeper but it looks like you are meant to run it during your work out. I have C25K going and Pandora so did not need another app barking orders as I was running. I know a pen and paper would be simple just looking for an app. I want to track my runs as I am so motivated by the distance I am covering.

Replies

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    www.runningsmile.com, mapmyrun.com, or a simple excel file (search running log and there is an excellent template that I use) I like the excel file personally as I have nike+ running and nike fuel band.......
  • SimonT181
    SimonT181 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Trying elite running log seems to look nice and works well, tried a few others but will try this one for a week and see how it goes
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    As you're dreadmilling it you're limited to something that'll take a manual entry. GPS isn't overkill, it just won't work as you're stationary.

Runkeeper, Endomondo, Strava all allow you to manually add your runs, and the benefit of all of those is that once you're able to run out in the real world, then you can use them in GPS mode to track your runs, and you have full history all in the same package.