My starting weight was 426

Options
Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself , my name is Jesseca I'm 31 from West Virginia and I'm a single mom of 2 . My starting weight when I began my weightloss journey was 426 pounds, Today I am 359. I wanted to join this group to meet people in similar situations to mine and would love to have all of you as friends . Please feel free to add me , I look forward to meeting you, God bless!

Replies

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! How long n what did you do??? This is a great chat n so is 100 pounds without surgery. I'm olde 65, married 41 years, need to lose 195. I believe in friends of all ages, please add me to your list!! Let's walk the journey together!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • dksmith20110
    dksmith20110 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jesse. I started at 386.8 lbs and now down to 321, probably 319 or better by tomorrow at my next weigh in. Congrats on your success so far! Hope we can all mutually encourage one another. I am a married male, almost 56 yrs old. David
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started at 372 lbs (January 2015) and am weighing in at 229 lbs currently. Feel free to add me if you require additional support!
    Options
    Wonderful!!!! Any advice???? Be very proud, you have done what most people only dream of!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Ladybugabo
    Ladybugabo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started at 396 (2012) and now I am 253 and working on getting to under 200 by 2016! Congratulation on your weight loss, feel free to add me or pm me and we can be wt loss buddies!
  • bigboyswag1914
    bigboyswag1914 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I started at 484 pounds now 415 pounds in just over 3 months. Congrats on your progress
  • Charles1964
    Charles1964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My greatest weight was 405 pounds.I was able to drop to 394 pounds.That is when I started trying to lose weight.I'm now 256 pounds.Still have 66 pounds to lose until I'm 190 pounds.The greatest thing is being able to really walk again.My weight kept me in a prison of my own making.
  • dksmith20110
    Options
    Can't agree more Charles. Loss of mobility happened to me too, and it is a prison. Way to go! I started almost exactly six months ago at 387, and I'm not certain, but guessing I was at or over 400 at one point. I finally said enough is enough and got going. Today I am at about 81 lbs off (almost to 300). Your note is encouraging to me because in you, I can see continuing to lose is still possible. I barely remember being 250 so long ago. I bet it feels great!!! Congrats!
  • shellinut
    shellinut Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I my name is Michelle. I stated at 359 on October 2 and I am 352 as of today. I am looking for people to connect with that are also in this long journey and understand what I am going through. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dksmith20110
    Options
    Way to go Michelle.
  • kolbytraveller
    kolbytraveller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just getting started today! Getting serious about losing weight and having a healthier life. My starting weight is 395 pounds, and my goal is to get down to 165 pounds.
  • shellinut
    shellinut Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    welcome kolby
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! Best thing is to visit n chat!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • emilyCPA
    emilyCPA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone--I'm Emily. I started at 495 in June of 2015 and am currently 406 as of two days ago. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
    Options
    Wonderful!!!! That's a lot, what advice would you give?? Did you do this with healthy eating, surgery, food program?? Thanks Gayle Minneapolis
  • emilyCPA
    emilyCPA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No surgery or specific food program. I changed my habits. I never used to eat breakfast or lunch. By the time dinner came, I would eat basically from the time I got home from work until bed. Weekends were also a free-for-all.

When I started introducing breakfast/lunch, I found I ate a lot less in the evening and that carried through to the weekend. My regular day-to-day breakfasts and lunches are still extremely simple and are virtually ready-to-go without any prep or cleanup work on my part (I don't really enjoy cooking and prefer breakfast/lunch to be very fast since I spent the majority of my life not eating during those times). I still struggle with food occasionally, particularly this past month because I was doing a lot of travelling for work, but overall the system I have in place for myself is a good one for me.

I also started to move more, although exercise was and is not my main focus. I don't have a gym membership. I started with short walking laps within my home and eventually worked up to making use of some of the walking trails nearby. Winter is coming though and I am considering a gym membership now, although I'm struggling with getting up the courage to actually walk into the gym.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    HI all this has been a life long journey for me. I started in 1999 weighing 497 now 16 years later I am 320. I have been on an electric mobility device since 1994 when a complete stranger used my back to stop him from falling over a tent stake. He caused terrible damage to my back and my emotional being and I ate myself up to almost 500 pounds. There were many years after 1999 where I lost a lot of weight 40 to 50 but gained it back. It has been a hard struggle. I have had lots of hiccups along the way but I keep trying. Since June of last year I have lost 70 pounds. Still can't walk and don't know if I ever will be able to again without back surgery. But at least I am not still 497. Still have a long way to go but will never give up on getting to my goal.
    Options
    I'm here to walk your journey together!! I need to lose 195# , have been to ED rehab, married 41years n 65 years young. Have not been heavy until later in life. Need new knees but too heavy!!! Let me know how to help you?? Gayle Minneapolis
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Wow, I can relate to everyone!! I have yo-yo'd since 2012 going from 346 to 289 then back to 340 then 299 and now back to 332 as of this morning. I am not sure why I will be doing well and then something triggers me back to old habits. I am in need of serious motivation. I have sat here all morning working on a meal plan and will go to the store soon. My profile photo is from July and now I am pretty much back where i started in the "before" photo. Anyway, I would love some friends as I REstart my journey.
    Options
    Welcome!!! We know n lived your journey, here for you come chat. Gayle Minneapolis