Egg fast?

Options
Sk8Kate
Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
I have decided to try an egg fast this week to try & break my stall of the past month and bad choices this weekend. Does anybody know if more than 1 BPC/day will wreck the plan? I still struggle with butter, but can tolerate it in my coffee. Also, will black coffee with each meal screw things up?

Replies

• SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    No idea, but good luck! I am tempted to try one once I have the house to myself this week as I have been making bad choices too! How many a day is your goal?
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ps mine will definitely be had with black coffee!!
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Start with min of 6, I think. So then I'll have to have 6 tbsp fat & up to 6 oz cheese. I definitely need the coffee, too. Good time to do it as I'm staying at daughter's for 4 days. She's a vegetarian, so I won't cook meat at her house anyways.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Sk8Kate wrote: »
    Start with min of 6, I think. So then I'll have to have 6 tbsp fat & up to 6 oz cheese. I definitely need the coffee, too. Good time to do it as I'm staying at daughter's for 4 days. She's a vegetarian, so I won't cook meat at her house anyways.

For me, I think fasts are totally not acceptable for my body fitness goals. I'm always needing 200 grams of protein. Is there a ribeye and bacon fast? Ha Ha!!

But I applaud and love your attitude of not cooking meat in your daughters house.

How considerate and respectful.

That is awesome!

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just started an impromptu egg fast yesterday! We can be buddies! Yes, what I read is a minimum of 6 eggs, meals spaced 3-5 hours apart, 1 Tbsp fat per egg and up to 6oz cheese. I'm already down 1.4 lbs, which I know is water weight but means I'm starting to undo the damage from all my recent cheats.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I'm always needing 200 grams of protein. Is there a ribeye and bacon fast? Ha Ha!!

Google Vince Gironda's "steak & eggs" diet ... old school bodybuilding diet from the 70s
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I Breathe I'm Hungry has a decent 5-day egg fast that does include the BPC in it, if I recall correctly.

@KittensMaster I totally agree that a fast program like this is not sustainable, but for someone in a stall or who fell off the wagon enough for more than bumps and bruises, doing a quick "fat fast" for even a day or two can remind their system which way to process. Most of the ones I've read are high protein, high fat, almost non-existent carbs. But yes, I would not recommend this for any heavy lifters or high intensity workouts as there isn't as much protein as they need. But a day or so of this once in a blue moon to reset isn't harmful.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I Breathe I'm Hungry has a decent 5-day egg fast that does include the BPC in it, if I recall correctly.

@KittensMaster I totally agree that a fast program like this is not sustainable, but for someone in a stall or who fell off the wagon enough for more than bumps and bruises, doing a quick "fat fast" for even a day or two can remind their system which way to process. Most of the ones I've read are high protein, high fat, almost non-existent carbs. But yes, I would not recommend this for any heavy lifters or high intensity workouts as there isn't as much protein as they need. But a day or so of this once in a blue moon to reset isn't harmful.

Yep, IBIH is where I got my beginning info. I did a bit more research too, but they are all pretty much the same with slight changes here and there. I need it to be super easy, so I'm sticking with BPC, eggs, butter, coconut oil, and full fat cheese... and tons of water plus my usual multivitamin, extra B vitamin supplement, and magnesium/potassium supplement. I'm on day 2 and anticipate doing at least one more day after this.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm in...60 eggs purchased.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Egg fasts are also a great "get in touch with your true diet" opportunity. Being limited to 3 basic foods eggs-fats-cheese..you see how far off you drifted on other days.

Even a modified egg diet AFTER is perfect not regain the (usual) water loss. Jimmy Moore is big on SLOWLY adding back other foods. SInce I do a "veggie based" LC…my fats are butter, cream, and coconut oil…with lots of cheese and eggs anyway. I DO have dairy since I eat very little meat..this works for me on satiety and happiness with LC.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to maybe finding out what foods trigger me... except dairy. If dairy triggers me, then I'll live with the pain. Just kidding! But since I'm not eliminating dairy, if dairy is a trigger I may remain unaware. :)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    No cream? NO CREAM! NOOOOOO!

Not even 20ml in a coffee? This will be a hard 5 days.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Does anyone know how long one can continue an egg fast safely? I read that some people cycle 4-5 days of egg fast with 2-3 days of normal eating each week. I can see myself doing this during the week, maybe 3 days of strict egg fasting, 2 days of eggs for 2 meals and one "normal" LCHF meal, and then 2 days of plain old LCHF. I'm down 3.6 lbs in two days of egg fasting, so I'm quite pleased!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I would take a look at your nutrients. If you're getting all the vitamins you need, I don't see why you can't do eggs all day a few days, for two meals, and then use a lot of meat to get the rest... I think several folks here do eggs/meat only regularly.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I would take a look at your nutrients. If you're getting all the vitamins you need, I don't see why you can't do eggs all day a few days, for two meals, and then use a lot of meat to get the rest... I think several folks here do eggs/meat only regularly.

That sounds like a lot of work... :tongue:
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

That sounds like a lot of work... :tongue:

I just restated your meal plan in another way, but we said the same thing food wise...

The only work would be the nutrients/vitamins thing...
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long one can continue an egg fast safely?
    I've heard "old wives tales" about developing allergies when eating too many for too long, but I haven't bothered to dig in to it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm sure you'd get bored after a few months anyway. That seems to be about my limit. Then I've gotta change up anyway.
  • DianaElena76
    Options

The only work would be the nutrients/vitamins thing...

That's what I meant. :)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Typically, what size eggs does everyone buy? We stick w/ jumbos, makes a good size deviled egg as well as great poached eggs. Just wondering what size they are when you have to eat so many.