dehydrator's

Options
Ok, so I have got my eye on an Excalibur 9 tray..... However I don't know if I would even use it. I'm pretty bad at obsessing over things, purchasing them, and then yup, don't want it once I have it. And an Excalibur is a pretty big purchase. Of course hubby says its a great idea, which makes me slightly doubtful lol.
So, I suppose the questions are
What dehydrator do you have? Do you use it often? And how long have you had it for? Tia

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    you don't need an over priced dehydrator like that IMO. we had an oyster and a sunbeam i believe it was, both were the large white round basic 4/5 12" trays dehydrators that costed under $40 when we bought them and we had them for about 3-4 yrs altogether. They did a great job without the mostly unneeded fancy add-ons higher priced dehydrators have.. They worked so well that one disapeared from my house and the other got borrowed and never returned!! We used them somewhat regularly at first for making jerky and banana & apple chips for the week but, like you i too have an i want this problem, i buy it, maybe use it for a bit and than it gets stored away to be used once in a great while, so i have not bought another...yet.

i would just get one under $50 if i was you, they will do what you need it to do just fine.
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I have thought about buying a cheaper one first and have heard good things about the sunbeam models. Keep hunting I spose