what things stall your or knock you out of Keto even if your net carbs are low? (malitol for me)

Options
2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Most powdered sweeteners add sugar of some sort for bulk. I tend to use stevia drops to avoid that.
  • LadyNanci
    LadyNanci Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    KnitorMiss...I have been told at one point by my Dr that besides type 2 diabetes I have insulin resistance and metobolic syndrom. :( I would be interested in your comprehensive list if you can point me to it and any other info you have that has been working for you with insulin resistance. I never ate more then 1 Atkins bar a day but I did also add carbquick mix and low carb tortillas. I think maybe I will test my Blood sugar before eating any of those things and after to see if they are giving me a bigger reaction then expected. I only made a couple things with the carbquick and did not have much of it and same with the tortillas. No more then 2 small ones per day. With adding several different foods it is hard to tell exactly if the bars kicked me out of ketosis but I am pretty sure they were.

Wonderful information from everyone. I have been using swerve sweetener for the occasional cup of tea but usually I drink coffee with just 1 carb per cup Almond milk and some heavy cream. I may get some of the liquid stevia and try it. I bought some pure stevia powder (guaranteed no fillers added) but I have not used much of that so far.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    LadyNanci wrote: »
    KnitorMiss...I have been told at one point by my Dr that besides type 2 diabetes I have insulin resistance and metobolic syndrom. :( I would be interested in your comprehensive list if you can point me to it and any other info you have that has been working for you with insulin resistance. I never ate more then 1 Atkins bar a day but I did also add carbquick mix and low carb tortillas. I think maybe I will test my Blood sugar before eating any of those things and after to see if they are giving me a bigger reaction then expected. I only made a couple things with the carbquick and did not have much of it and same with the tortillas. No more then 2 small ones per day. With adding several different foods it is hard to tell exactly if the bars kicked me out of ketosis but I am pretty sure they were.

Wonderful information from everyone. I have been using swerve sweetener for the occasional cup of tea but usually I drink coffee with just 1 carb per cup Almond milk and some heavy cream. I may get some of the liquid stevia and try it. I bought some pure stevia powder (guaranteed no fillers added) but I have not used much of that so far.

I sent this to you in PM, but the most recent time I can find that I typed it out was on this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10238488/fake-sweeteners-seriously#latest

Honestly, I avoid anything breadlike. I would consider using crepes made from egg and cream cheese, but that's about it... At the very beginning, I used Joseph's Lavash Flatbread and Pitas, but I honestly feel fuller if I take the time to eat slowly from a plate, and I get fuller from eating WITHOUT the bread, even fake bread, as I just dont' have to worry about digesting all that - my body can get straight to the fuel.

Stevia tends to work best WITH another sweetener, as it is more of an amplifier...
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My personal experience with any Atkins Nutritionals products is that they affect my blood glucose and weight loss negatively. So much soy product and the sweeteners they use, regardless of what Net carb count they claim on the package, cannot possibly be good for you in the long run. I did best on Atkins when I ate meat, cheese, eggs, and salads. Once I added the shakes and bars, weight loss stopped and I craved something sweet every day. I figured that craving was normal, but now I see it was created by consuming the products.
    My advice is = Eat real foods, not commercially baked/created/packaged products, and you will see the difference in appetite and cravings.

This^^^