Runners embarrassing question

Options
snha
snha Posts: 388 Member
So, here it is, what are some of the solutions to men's nipple pain when running. All of a sudden, end of week 7 of c25k, they are hurting like hell :(

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    band aids, body glide. vaseline(but that can stain), depending on size, a supportive shirt-that's why woman wear sports bras. bouncing hurts
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Great suggestions, thanks much @moyer566 and @juliet3455
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Yep, body glide (or similar stuff), bandaids, athletic tape, or the surgical paper tape. Be wary of the bandaids and tapes if you've got a hairy chest. After my 12hr run, I think it hurt more taking the tape off, than if I hadn't had it on.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I used a compression top underneath my running top. It's xxl but looks like a small a bit of a bind to get on and off is a very snug fit, but keeps my moobs in place as after my first 5k my nipples were bleeding but the top cured the problem
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »
    Yep, body glide (or similar stuff), bandaids, athletic tape, or the surgical paper tape. Be wary of the bandaids and tapes if you've got a hairy chest. After my 12hr run, I think it hurt more taking the tape off, than if I hadn't had it on.

i don't have a hairy chest but I've found in areas with a little body fur, soak the area in water. tape and bandaids should eventually fall off.

I think @paulwgun has a good idea with the compression top. since there aren't really men sports bras that i know of
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    paulwgun wrote: »
    I used a compression top underneath my running top. It's xxl but looks like a small a bit of a bind to get on and off is a very snug fit, but keeps my moobs in place as after my first 5k my nipples were bleeding but the top cured the problem

It's the way I go, it also provides a first layer of wicking, it's just not that great on hot days so not really a problem in the UK :D

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    taeliesyn wrote: »

i don't have a hairy chest but I've found in areas with a little body fur, soak the area in water. tape and bandaids should eventually fall off.

I think @paulwgun has a good idea with the compression top. since there aren't really men sports bras that i know of
    Depending on the glue/situation soaking doesn't help :( I tried the soaking first lol.
    Yeah compression tops are a good idea, but not so good in the Aus heat.