September: Simple & Straightforward

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
Four months

16 weeks

124 days

No matter how you look at it, that's what left of 2015.

I do NOT want to be at my current weight going into 2016; I DO want to get back to LOSING weight and improving my overall health. I have weighed in, reset my ticker and remembered why I came here three years ago. Enough. Now is enough.

September is going to be pretty simple and straightforward for me - one goal, one priority:
start losing the excess weight I carry.

Anyone else want in, more than welcome.

3ayhbyw9vsah.jpg

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Wow!! a 124 Days! Where did it go!!

I want to be IN...
    my biggest, simple priority is getting my Glucose numbers down and consistent and I believe the weight loss will follow. The meds are doing their part...(not messing with me) and now it is my time to do my part.

Thanks for the inspiration, Snoozie! Kinda like K.I.S.S.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOVE your priority Gail.. and the words you chose to state it

"The meds are doing their part...(not messing with me) and now it is my time to do my part.

One priority. One focus. Love it.

Awesome.

Hope you will share your success thru the month Gail.

t2022.gif
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting the month started Snooozie. You sound very determined and I know you will succeed!

Gail- love your goal !

I'm going to go back to the 1%,goal for me. So will go by last week's weigh in and aim to not only keep that loss off but lose another 1% by the end of September.
  • Snooozie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    m1211.gif

Susan - huge fan of the 1% as you know - fab goal for Sept!! glad you're aboard my friend!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Thanks, S & S. , you girls ROCK!! I am currently out of strips, but I will get back to testing as soon as I can.
  • Snooozie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wish I could send you some from here G - have a lot! Do hope you get your refill soon; testing can totally keep us motivated seeing those numbers go down and down and down!!

btw did I mention I love the phrasing you used?? :)

On track with my one priority this month; trying to walk faster rather than longer and will only be weighing myself once a week. Focusing on the solution, not the problem, and no longer separating regain/original/etc - simply losing weight.

tmanyomv23t3.jpg
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Good morning, PEEPs , on this beautiful September morn... I love this time of transition between Summer and Fall...I get excited to get up and feel a bit of crispness in the air...gives me hope that this heat is on it's way out...oh, yeah, I will be the first to complain about the COLD when it comes.....Brrr.....lol

I got a good number from FBG this morn....119 !! much better than the 167 : ( of the last few mornings before I ran out of strips. I ate only 2 pc of pizza for lunch, with a small protein snack for dinner, so I was under 100 carbs for the day...I am going to try to follow that method today and see how it goes...(no pizza though,) but a small qty at night for sure.. with a bit of exercise thrown in for good measure... still a pound away from ticker weight...

Hoping you all have an awesome week!

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Vacation is over today :( ...lol. ...getting ready for work tomorrow. ....we came back last Thursday. ..and I did go out in the ocean. ...swam with the fishes...and survived. ...no sharks. .... I feel bad that I hadn't gone out sooner. ...what was I afraid of all those years. ... Lots of fried fish. ...and a little too much shopping. ...got a pair of pants in a smaller size. ..even though they're stretch they fit really great and make my "tail" look great. ...giggles. ..and did pick up a couple of comfortable clothes

TTYL
    Carol B)
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!!

Yes, indeed I am working on the solution, thanks Snoozie for putting it in words

What doesn't break you make you stronger~ I am still here, floating not drown.

Goals

I will play tennis at least 1 to 2 times a week

I will try to go back to counting calories.

Until....Gwen

• Snooozie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Simple and straightforward - just keep reminding ourselves

emln1t7oxfkn.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    So what DID bring each of us here?? Every morning I'm going to read my own profile to remember

Snooozie

54 years old
    Female
    Toronto, ON

"I'm not training for a 5K. I'm not preparing for a competition or trying to set a new record. I'm not trying to impress you. I'm saving my life."

• cbmcphillips
    Options
    cbmcphillips
    52 years old
    Female
    Bellmawr NJ

"I never promised you a rose garden".....

Started July 2011 - 220 - yikes what the hell?
    Current - 185 give or take

Lowest - 175 July 2013
    What happened? Life

Still better than I was and rocking the size 14 Jean... can even wear a size 12
    It's all about the inches ....

Always stive to do your best and the rest will follow...

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Glad to hear you're still better than you were Carol - well done.... was just wondering tho what brought each of here.. initially?
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    A friend at work ....

She told me that I'm too young (and she's younger than me by about 10ish years)... too be the # I was on the scale....
    "nice way of tellling me that I was FAT, OBESE.... whatever you want to call it...

And she introduced me to MFP

Best decison EVER!!!

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Options
    wow... that is WAY cool Carol... that a co-worker "paid it forward" from her own experience... thanks!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options

Thanks Snoozie

I did one mile in 13 minutes - twice around the local track Then did a walk for 10 minutes to cool down Go Carol Go!!! .... as Nike would say "Just Do It" - that's my t-shirt motto
    Fastest Time Ever - love a personal best B)
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    BTW Snoozie...

What brought you to MFP?

Carol :)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I was diagnosed with diabetes