triglycerides, 189, 128
Hemoglobin A1C, 11.2, 6.0
vit D, 25, 29

Pretty good endo visit if I do say so myself. :smiley:

Replies

• 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WOW, that is awesome. How did you get your a1c down so quick? Meds? I know that is a great feeling. Mine is down from 6.6 to 5.9 since june 30 and I am excited.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's really something to celebrate!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Test, 6/5/2015, 8/29/2015
    fasting glucose, 151, 100
    cholesterol total, 120, 95
    hdl, 34, 35
    ratio, 3.5, 2.7
    ldl, 48, 34
    triglycerides, 189, 128
    vit D, 25, 29

That is awesome. Congrats and well done!
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great results in such a short time - you are doing it right!!!! What changes did you make?
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    cloudy68 wrote: »
    Great results in such a short time - you are doing it right!!!! What changes did you make?

New diet, Low Carb High Fat It's the greatest.

• pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

RU on any meds? It helps to know of this is achievable without them.

• KenSmith108
    Options
    pennell12 wrote: »

RU?

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Test, 6/5/2015, 8/29/2015
    fasting glucose, 151, 100
    cholesterol total, 120, 95
    hdl, 34, 35
    ratio, 3.5, 2.7
    ldl, 48, 34
    triglycerides, 189, 128
    vit D, 25, 29

I don't know how I missed this, but congrats! You should feel really good about what you've accomplished! Keep up the great work!

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Awesome results, Ken!! in only two months if I read that right. I am hoping to get the LCHF going...It is tough for a carb-aholic.
  • pennell12
    Options

RU?

Yes, Metformin. And you?

• kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options

I agree about LCHF. I feel so much better and I'm not hungry all the time. I don't understand why my doctor never recommended it to me.

• KenSmith108
    Options

RU?

Yes, Metformin. And you?

Metformin, Insulin & Victoza

• CrisEBTrue
    Options
    Boring Update:

My doctor is taking me off Bydureon. We're going to try Trulicity. (That sounds like a website full of pink flowers and chocolate doughnuts, doesn't it??) :p

My A1C was 11 this morning. :o That is with me taking Metformin, Actos, Bydureon and
    eating low-carb.

Color me stressed out.

Otherwise, I'm good.

• KenSmith108
    Options
    CrisEBTrue wrote: »
    Boring Update:

My doctor is taking me off Bydureon. We're going to try Trulicity. (That sounds like a website full of pink flowers and chocolate doughnuts, doesn't it??) :p

My A1C was 11 this morning. :o That is with me taking Metformin, Actos, Bydureon and
    eating low-carb.

Color me stressed out.

Otherwise, I'm good.

A guy I work with is on that. His numbers have improved a lot & he's lost 15 lbs in the last month.
    The only down side, it makes him spend a lot of time on the throne. :-(

• pennell12
    Options
    Never heard Trulicity?
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    I'd never heard of it either. Apparently it's something new.

I did lose 15 lbs on Bydureon. At first I had the runs, food tasted funny. That eased off and now I just get full very quickly.
    So I have to pace myself because I need a healthy snack between meals so I won't get hungry and go insane and eat a box of crackers.

After looking at my meals today I realized: MFP counts carbs, but it doesn't know the difference between 'good' carbs and 'bad' carbs.
    I had some cole slaw with dinner--cabbage, right? I can't tell you the carb count right off the top of my head, but it was more than a piece of whole wheat bread... So it made my carb count for the day seem higher, but it's good carbs. Right?

Ok I'm tired, I'm frustrated...I'm babbling. :p
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    CrisEBTrue wrote: »
    I'd never heard of it either. Apparently it's something new.

I did lose 15 lbs on Bydureon. At first I had the runs, food tasted funny. That eased off and now I just get full very quickly.
    So I have to pace myself because I need a healthy snack between meals so I won't get hungry and go insane and eat a box of crackers.

After looking at my meals today I realized: MFP counts carbs, but it doesn't know the difference between 'good' carbs and 'bad' carbs.
    I had some cole slaw with dinner--cabbage, right? I can't tell you the carb count right off the top of my head, but it was more than a piece of whole wheat bread... So it made my carb count for the day seem higher, but it's good carbs. Right?

Ok I'm tired, I'm frustrated...I'm babbling. :p

You would need to know what's in the cole slaw. Pure sugar makes it taste good and piles on the carbs.
    It would take about 4 cups of cabbage to equal 1 slice of bread (16g carb).

• CrisEBTrue
    Options
    It is just plain, chopped cabbage in a bag; I added mayo. (regular. I don't do "low fat" anything. *ptui-spit*) :s

I don't buy anything like that with dressing already on it.

I went back this morning and edited the coleslaw entry; it came up as Zero carbs because I entered home made fat free cole slaw. Then I added a mayo measurement. Previously I'd chosen a coleslaw entry with vinegar dressing, as I was on my ipad and it's awkward to find/ choose things. :p

On the other hand, seeing how the carbs add up is always intriguing.
    And it's downright frightening to see how much sodium is in something that sounds healthy; like a Gyros wrap.

Well, another day.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

• CrisEBTrue
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Random semi-silly thought:

You know about that theory that drinking diet soda tricks your body into thinking that you're actually taking in sugar so your blood sugar goes up?

I wonder if that holds true of looking at recipes online? For example, Bon Apetit's lavishly illustrated article on multiple new recipes for Rice Krispy treats (drenched in peanut butter, chocolate, etc etc). Or pictures of fabulous apple pies, etc etc...

Seriously, sometimes looking at those pictures... *drool* I can almost TASTE them, and I just wonder if the visual feast does something to my system...

LOL :D