Yes...I think need you to draw me a picture :(

Options
Ok so...back on 7/17 I went to the doctor to figure out what the heck is wrong with me, at that point I had crashed the wagon and set it on fire. There was no jumping back on or off.
$500 in lab tests later we determined I'm Vitamin D deficient, and take me off of birthcontrol, then in August because I'm ridiculously mood swingy we figure that we need to lay a good foundation because I have a large progesterone deficiency. So I begin progesterone cream. Which so far so good. I haven't killed anyone. but I'm still begging for my anti-anxiety pills back. I can't handle this moody-ness.

I get it I'm an impatient person, but in that time frame I've put on another solid 4 lbs.

Today a girlfriend of mine is telling me that she's down to 214. This hit me really hard. Of course my first reaction which I don't say outloud thank god - "sure when you are still trying to impress your mooching live-in boyfriend, sure maybe I'd eat less to impress him too, and every 21 day veggie detox *kitten* that's out there you do..." In the last year I've put on 20lbs. Why am I so stupid. I'm so angry at myself. Why can't I figure this out. People I hang around with make fun of me for my salads, and when I don't eat every single opportunity there is food around, and really I guess they are right to make fun, it sure isn't working.
This time around, I can't give up the pop, I'm a binge eater like no other. What the heck? Ugh!!!

I packed my kids lunch this morning and made me a deli chicken sandwich too. Bread and all and sit here eating it knowing this is wrong, this is bad. I'm trying to overthink this whole thing. Maybe I should go to packing a sandwich everyday with some carrot chips and what not. I need to not enjoy food. I'd rather eat a pb and j right now. But it's not about eating what I want. It's about just eating something.

i hate to rant and rave everytime I post here, I don't mean to, and I don't really know what I want from you guys.

I know I don't want to go hungry, because I know what happens when I do that. That's about the only thing I do know at this point. Is when I tell myself no. that's when *kitten* happens. I want someone to draw me a picture of what exactly I need to do, then hang it on the fridge and do it.

I'm so sorry.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Half-measures aren't working for you. You need simple. You need effective.

keep-calm-and-eat-meat-26.png
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Meat, water, coffee, tea. Salt and pepper for the meat if you want. An ounce of cheese per day.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    wabmester - Ok for lack of sounding stupid what does half-measures mean? :blush:
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, you never committed to hardcore low-carb. You wanted your corn and other carbs, right? That's obviously not working for you. Go cold turkey on carbs. Go carnivore. It's pretty much impossible to screw up a carnivore diet, and it should be very effective for you.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Half measures.......playing/pretending to diet. Low carb will help enormously with mood and once into it hunger....binge eating is something you'll have to work on as it has nothing to do with hunger more about self loathing.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, you never committed to hardcore low-carb. You wanted your corn and other carbs, right? That's obviously not working for you. Go cold turkey on carbs. Go carnivore. It's pretty much impossible to screw up a carnivore diet, and it should be very effective for you.

Some good tough love from wabmester. This would be my advise as well.
    Cut out everything you're "trying to moderate". It's not working for you. I know it wouldn't have worked for me either. The carbs made me hungry and then I ate too much and I wanted things so badly that I couldn't stop myself.
    Within a few days of my commitment, real true, honest commitment, everything was getting easier. I had to lose the carbs. 20g or less was my plan. On another note, I'm not sure I could have had the hunger control without bulletproof coffee. It really made the transition easy for me starting my morning out with the healthy fat.
    My binge eating had completely to do with carbs. Sugar to be exact. Once I cut it out, I lost the cravings very quickly and without the cravings, I had no problem.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people recommend natural calm, or other magnesium supplementation for anxiety. I just got some for myself, a magnesium glycinate, to see if it helps, I felt better before when I was taking magnesium citrate but then ran out and didn't continue with a new one. I'm hoping it helps, it might be something to look into for yourself.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just adding to the chorus--cold turkey is much, much, easier than trying to ease into it, when you're trying to break addictions. This was true of quitting smoking for me (10 years ago), and has been true for low carb, too. I'm 100+ days in. Now that it's not the beginning anymore and my habits are pretty well set, I can have a higher carb day now and then and not lose the momentum. But in the beginning, going hardcore was critical to my success.

Best wishes!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posters and recommend cold turkey very low carb. I am almost done with my 4th week of Atkins Induction~around 20 grams of carbs per day and I honestly say I do not feel hungry like I did when I was eating carbs. I lost weight doing Atkins Induction long term many years ago and then quit and the weight came back. This time around I'm really listening to my body and the very first day when I had two eggs and three sausage links for breakfast I did not feel hungry again until lunch time. Prior to that, I was eating two pieces of toast at home and I was hungry when I got to work about an hour later. I snacked all day long because I never felt full. Meat, cheese, butter, salads with full fat dressing, loaded with lots of good protein. It takes planning to eat this way because you can't have the convenience foods that area so easily accessible, but it works. You have to commit to eat this way. You have options but it takes planning and preparation. Good luck and I wish you success!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Want to do a Whole30? I'll be your motivator and and help push you? I have the same problem, I do really good then I start adding back things slowly and next thing you know I'm full blown binge eating sugar. I have to cut things out completely and once the cravings are gone I don't want them.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. We're pretty much bailing the water out without plugging the hole.

Oh, and I found you a picture: http://i.imgur.com/ezR0Y.jpg

Have you asked them if you can take your anti-anxiety pills again? Or searched for alternatives? I've never been on prescription drugs, but mine improves vastly when I eat LCHF, then skyrockets when I fall off. I found some supplements that help, but LCHF has worked the best.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    LC Pyramid ???? --- http://i.imgur.com/ezR0Y.jpg

this seems to be an UNBALANCED, TRUE LCHF..it shows MEAT as the biggest portion and the BASE…which is inaccurate.. FATS should be at the bottom..after all we don't eat double "meats to fats" %..right?
    If I am consuming 100-140 gr fats then my proteins would be ~40-80 gr...as MODERATE.
    (In a Jimmy Moore video he described lowering protein to promote weight loss)

and eggs are shown as less important protein than meat..which is also inaccurate..grouped on same line would be better, and dairy as separate as SOME do not consume dairy. but most do.

fl24d5e0chhm.jpg
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Your post sounds exactly like me. I actually just had a thread on here a few days ago. I am a carbaholic with years and years and years of binge eating and 6+ years of anxiety problems. I cannot let certain carbs back into my life. It doesn't work and probably will never work. Bread, no go. Atkins bars, no go. There are certain foods that trigger us and you need to find those foods and treat them as a drug. An alcoholic doesn't have one drink because they crave one. A heroin addict doesn't have one hit when a craving comes. No. They need to abstain.

I think another thing that really jumped out at me is referring to yourself as bad for eating a certain food. The food may be a bad choice, but that doesn't make you had. Be gentle with yourself. Organize very minimal activities for the next two weeks and go cold turkey off the carbs. Yes it'll suck, yes you'll leave them like crazy, but we have ALL been there done that and so can you. We all believe in you.

Add me as a friend or message me if you'd like
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    LC Pyramid ???? --- http://i.imgur.com/ezR0Y.jpg

this seems to be an UNBALANCED, TRUE LCHF..it shows MEAT as the biggest portion and the BASE…which is inaccurate.. FATS should be at the bottom..after all we don't eat double "meats to fats" %..right?
    If I am consuming 100-140 gr fats then my proteins would be ~40-80 gr...as MODERATE.
    (In a Jimmy Moore video he described lowering protein to promote weight loss)

and eggs are shown as less important protein than meat..which is also inaccurate..grouped on same line would be better, and dairy as separate as SOME do not consume dairy. but most do.

I normally eat mostly meat as it isn't straight up protein and fats have more calories per gram than protein, so the amount of straight fat I eat is going to be less than the amount of meat I eat. I was not saying that diagram was flat out the end-all be-all. It's just a generalized idea of what to eat that might be helpful for someone who's having problems figuring out what to eat. She asked for a picture, and that's the best one I found.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was the same. I'm so lousy if I'm eating carbs. More and more and more and I can't stop. I agree, cold turkey is easier. And in my case too, Bulletproof Coffee helped me with feelings of hunger. Simple and predictable is best, I repeat the same foods over and over again and it's nice not to have to spend too much thought about this so I won't have to second guess myself. And my bloodwork, weight, blood pressure are so much better now! I was very worried about that, knowing how young I was when my father died: metabolic syndrome exemplified.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that it's well established that lowering fats in a diet promotes feelings of depression, while having sufficient fats will improve your mood. And for a while: worry about macro nutrients and not about calories so much.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I tried to 'cut back' for two months and finally had to go off sugars and grains cold turkey to break my carb cravings. Yes it was a hellish two weeks for this old man with a 40 year carb addiction.

I am 100% sure after the fact that was the only way that would have worked.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi Twibbly.. I was HOPING my comment would not be taken as criticism of YOU.. I know you found it.

nothing I said is untrue.

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Twibbly - I like the picture, kind of puts it into better perspective than I had. LIke I said, I needed a picture. :wink:
    And I think some have said it before that they don't count calories that first few weeks of starting/going cold turkey right?
    I've got to do this. I've got to. I'm so fed up.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the fruit part of the triangle. Too many carbs.

Until you can do enough exercise to burn off more carbs than you eat, I agree to eat very few to get glycogen depleted.

Once there, I added more carbs and even more exercise then. But the bottom line has always be close to net zero.

Of course at a calorie deficit, for me I need to watch calories a bit

Low carb does work.

Some eat very few, some like me eat a few more but work then off.

Good luck with finding your working carb level.