Olive Garden?

Options
megastorm82
megastorm82 Posts: 6 Member
Hi, low-carbers-
I'm new to this group, but not new to low-carb. I have not been to Olive Garden in YEARS and this weekend we are going there for my husband's cousin's wedding shower. Are there some good high-fat low carb options that anyone has found there?
Thanks for the input!
-Meg

Replies

• stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, go for the steak dishes. Here is a good one

Steak Toscano
    Grilled 12 oz choice center cut Strip steak brushed with Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil. Served with Tuscan potatoes and bell peppers.

I would then request grilled veggies in place of the potatos

Enjoy :drinker:
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/Nutrition/

It's possibly the worst restaurant for low carb. Most Italian places offer a Filet Mignon and a good caesar salad, but Olive Garden options are very, very limited.

The items I would consider are:

Herb Grilled Salmon (net 7 carbs) and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus (net 3 carbs).
    Grilled Chicken Caesar has net 14 Carbs, so you could get by there as well.
    Salad is a maybe if you pick out all the croutons. It lists that salad without dressing is net 7 carbs, and with dressing is net 9.
    Minestrone is net 14 carbs.
    The steak mentioned above might work as well. Base nutrition that they show though includes the potatoes.

And that's it. For the entire menu.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't do Olive Garden but when I go Italian I usually get a half portion (or just eat half) of chicken marsala - no pasta - spinach on the side. It is not too bad. I also like the grilled salmon with spinach on the side as well. Sometimes a cesar salad with grilled chicken.

Good for you for planning ahead. I hope you have a fun night. Don't stress too much!
  • tpcooper
    tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went last week and had the Herb-Grilled Salmon. I recommend it. I am new to low carb so it was hard for me to watch all the pasta and breadsticks being eaten!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a long time ago that they ordered chicken alfredo and requested that it be over steamed broccoli instead of pasta. They said it was very good.

You can also ask for their gluten free menu. It also has low carb suggestions.
  • megastorm82
    megastorm82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I really like the idea of asking for the chicken alfredo over broccoli!