Do you take Vitamin D? Calcium? Other supplements?

Options
2»

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin D because I work in a box, no windows. I enjoy fish, but I don't eat it that often so I take fish oil.

I recently started taking HMB to see if it helps with recovery after strength training. Too early to tell if it's worthy for long term use.

Failed supplement experiments:
    Taurine, magnesium, boswellia
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I take Dandelion (root and leaf), Stinging Nettle Root, Stinging Nettle Leaf, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin C (1000 mg) to help absorb the Vitamin B12. In addition, I make a point of substituting raw Spinach for [iceberg] lettuce in sandwiches and salads with every opportunity. I had also experienced great results applying Magnesium spray in the past when I was weight training, and I may go back to using Magnesium Spray as it's highly absorbent, reduces muscle cramping and soreness, and reduces my blood pressure significantly. I find the spray works much better than taking Magnesium tablets, which often cause many people to experience diarhea.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    mikeyrs wrote: »
    I take Dandelion (root and leaf), Stinging Nettle Root, Stinging Nettle Leaf, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin C (1000 mg) to help absorb the Vitamin B12. In addition, I make a point of substituting raw Spinach for [iceberg] lettuce in sandwiches and salads with every opportunity. I had also experienced great results applying Magnesium spray in the past when I was weight training, and I may go back to using Magnesium Spray as it's highly absorbent, reduces muscle cramping and soreness, and reduces my blood pressure significantly. I find the spray works much better than taking Magnesium tablets, which often cause many people to experience diarhea.

I use tropical magnesium too.
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Just about nothing for me except some biotin for hair and nail strength. It seems to have helped with my nails, especially my toenails, which seemed to be getting brittle. It's a long-term thing though and takes a while to notice a difference.