Struggling

Options
Lasmartchika
Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
Hi everybody!! I've been struggling with week 3. Day 1 I felt those 3 minute runs were everlasting, I finished it super tired. And today, day 2, I couldn't finish it in the morning as my calves hurt a lot. :confounded: I did try again later today and did finish, but I went extremely slow- I don't even think you can call it jogging. :( Anyways, I've read on here that repeating weeks are ok - even tho I feel defeated- but what week do I repeat? Week 2 since I could run that one, or week 3 that's difficult to run? :confused:

Replies

• Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just go slow slow slow. Sometimes i feel like im not even moving im going soo slow, but keep at it and you will soon get there :D Also if you feel you need to repeat weeks thats fine. I have repeated many, lol. JUst dont give up, even if you feel like your not moving your still lapping those at home on the sofa :wink: feel free to add me if you like, we can get through it together, lol x
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Exactly what @Magic_Chicken said. If you need to go slow then go slow. I can't help with the repeated weeks, but I slowed down drastically as the weeks progressed just so I could get through it.
    If you want to repeat a week though, go back to week 2. For sure. By the time you do that again you'll forget why you were even struggling with week 3.
  • allyj128
    allyj128 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Repeat whatever weeks you need to! When I did it the first time I repeated multiple weeks and I left time in my schedule this time to do the same. It's about YOU and how you feel - getting there is what matters!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You can run slower than you can walk. Honestly as long as both feet are off the ground at the same time for even half a second, it's still running.
    If you're going to repeat a week, do the one you're struggling with. Try and do W3D3 and see how you feel. If you still struggle through it, just do W3 again next week, unless the thought of doing it is too overwhelming.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »
    You can run slower than you can walk. .
    This is deffo me :smile:

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying here; repeating a week is fine. I remember when I first did a c25k a few years ago, I repeated week 1 for 3 weeks before I could even think of moving to week two.

On a related note, if you end up constantly getting sore calves, get that checked into. It could be a lack of stretching, a shoe issue or somesuch.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @Magic_Chicken what sort of dog is that? It's adorable

repeat weeks if you really are struggling. I would go with wk3 again. bad runs happen but a lot of it is in our head too. In two weeks I'm supposed to run for 60 min straight. it feels weird. my brain is all "oh, heck no"
    just keep moving. run slow. stretch. have good shoes. and don't forget to breathe
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for all your advice and suggestions. I don't feel so bad anymore. I'll be doing day 3 tomorrow and see how it goes from there. I'll even do extra stretching before my run. :)
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow! I second stretching for extra time--it makes a HUGE difference for me. I like to stretch my calves by going up on my tippy toes, holding for a second, and then coming back down. If you need to repeat, there is NO shame in that. I'd repeat week 2 if you're still struggling with week 3 tomorrow.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    @Magic_Chicken what sort of dog is that? It's adorable

Thanks, he is a Lurcher. Whippet crossed with an Irish Wolf Hound