Afternoon tiredness

Options
carom
carom Posts: 188 Member
Hi, I have been strictly following my low carb/keto for about 6 weeks. I have not cheated, at all, and so far have been steadily losing weight and feeling good. Just this week, I am hungry, not sweets but for anything! and I am tired and a bit dizzy in the afternoon. Is this a usual low carb pattern and does anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    When that happened to me, my sodium, potassium, and magnesium were too low. Doc had me double my supplements and I perked right back up.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Yep. Definitely sounds like you need more electrolytes. Start with more salt right away. I use NuSalt for potassium and only take magnesium when I can remember... The salt and NuSalt keep me in good shape. And I have had a few really hungry days. I go ahead and eat more fats when I'm hungry. I'll have cream cheese on celery or almonds or a midday cup of BPC. That will usually take care of it. If I'm still hungrier than normal at dinner, I'll add extra butter to something or get a bigger serving of meat usually.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Also, if you hit an adapted state, your body might just be telling you it needs more or less of something now that it knows what it's doing... I find that I have to change things up a little every few weeks to keep up with my body's changing needs.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks 2Poufs, Sunny_Bunny and KnitOrMiss, great advice, I have some more LoSalt last night on dinner and popped a couple of magnesium and potassium pills. I will make sure I am having enough electrolytes over the next few days, I may need to add some more fats as well. As I am not very good at hearing what my body needs it is all just guess work at present:) Thanks everyone!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It could also be because the weather is starting to change. We have been having fall weather and the afternoon is exhausting.
  • angievanhill
    angievanhill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound gross but I drink pickle juice! :) I looooove it and it's just what I need to perk right up!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    When doing very low carb when hungry I also eat. In my case a lot of weird stuff happened the first 90 days of very LCHF. Best of success to you.