Checking in

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
I noticed we didnt have a weekly thread this week, sometimes i make one but i was so busy this week i hardly have stopped by!

I have had a really good week, i have been eating supper later at night and find that i am not starving all night! I guess this is how people dont snack after dinner!

Hope everyone else had a good week :)

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the mini weekly board. I've missed it this week. Sometimes I start it, but didn't this week.

I've been ok this week, all though I had one day of no logging food. I grazed in craft service. But kept it within reason. I've been keeping up with my lunch time walks and making them a bit longer and mostly every other day at night we go for a walk as a family. The other night we made it 5.9 km in one hour and 17 minutes and that includes some toddler stops and such in/out of stroller and picking up sticks and pointing at cars etc. So that is pretty good. It gives me hope for the CIBC Run (Walk) for the cure I'm in on October 4. I had decided on the 5 km but was worried I could do it in the allotted time. Now we might join as a family.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well I realize it's small steps to building my stamina so I changed my default printer at work to one that is much farther away from my desk. I'm adding steps to my day and deciding if I really need to print something. I'll be honest, I've already thought of changing back to the printer that is near my desk many times!

I like the weekly goal/plan topic too.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    What a great small step, kaihunter45. Last year my classroom moved from one side of the building to the other and I doubled my work steps. I could print closer to my room but I keep it set for the farthest one just to keep those steps high.

Violet, how nice to not only know you can make that 5k but that you will have the support of your family with you.

HLaR79, I had a busy week too! Let's try to make time to start our weekly thread because even if I'm not inspired to post anything, I enjoy staying up to date on how everyone is doing.

My week was long and tiring but emotionally very good. 80% of our staff is new this year so I spent just as much time supporting my new coworkers as I did preparing my classroom. And we had our open house. And it has been unseasonably warm and humid here. But I am mostly ready for the start of school Tuesday. Oh and I started my class at the university I am taking. No wonder I have been tired!

The biggest struggle has been someone has pressured me to eat out every day this week for either lunch or supper. Even though I have stayed under calories, I have been over on sodium and other things.

Be well everyone!
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! This morning we went on a nature trail hike. It wasn't very long but lots of up and downs; I didn't need to stop and sit down once! Two months ago I would have been dealing with ankle/foot pain and being out of breath.

Even if I hadn't lost an ounce, just being able to do things again makes this so worth while.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    lokihen wrote: »
    Woohoo! This morning we went on a nature trail hike. It wasn't very long but lots of up and downs; I didn't need to stop and sit down once! Two months ago I would have been dealing with ankle/foot pain and being out of breath.

Even if I hadn't lost an ounce, just being able to do things again makes this so worth while.

:)
  • Moniloveli
    Moniloveli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Monica. I have been on MFP off and on for a while, but now i have decided to really get serious. I am at a point where I'm in constant pain. I'm thinking about Gastric bypass but I'm gonna give it one last hard try. Try to go slow and take it one day at a time.. Changes for life and not for a diet. My highest weight was 410 lbs and now I'm at 389 but it has been a long hard road to get here. Losing and gaining over and over again. So that's why I need to make changes to maintain for life. I hope to find support and to be a support.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Come chat anytime!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Moniloveli wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm Monica. I have been on MFP off and on for a while, but now i have decided to really get serious. I am at a point where I'm in constant pain. I'm thinking about Gastric bypass but I'm gonna give it one last hard try. Try to go slow and take it one day at a time.. Changes for life and not for a diet. My highest weight was 410 lbs and now I'm at 389 but it has been a long hard road to get here. Losing and gaining over and over again. So that's why I need to make changes to maintain for life. I hope to find support and to be a support.

Hi Monica, I'm Kai. Welcome! I'm a newbie to this group too and I've found it's full of awesome people! I think slow and steady is the way to go too. I hope to chat with you more!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi to the new people!!

Monica i often think of surgery, and its hard too, either way you have to fight for yourself! I hope you find the road that is right for you.