Bulky key fob woes

Options
sfinsc
sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
What do you guys do with your bulky key fobs? I have one of those huge ones with my car remote on it, as well as my house key, car key, and pepper spray. I've been holding it in my hand, but it's sort of a pain. Any ideas?

Replies

• mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found a sport pack( fanny pack) fits close the the body can put keys and phone. No flopping. You could think about clipping it to your bra strap.
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you need the pepper spray, does it have a clip so you don't have to carry it in your hand? If you have the key fob, can you lock your other keys in the car (ie, does the key fob open the car door or trunk so you wouldn't have to carry the keys)? Do any of your running clothes have a small pocket to stash things (sometimes they are very well hidden in the lining of your shorts)? When you buy new running clothes (check out a place like TJ Maxx or Marshalls for some good deals) you can always look for pockets. I run with an armband for my iPhone and can stick a key in that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I always buy running shorts/leggings with a zip pocket. Put the keys in a pocket, hold the pepper spray...
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    yeah zippy pocket or one of those phone armband things, sometimes i even run with a backpack it i know its hot and im gonna drink lots of water
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I have an armband with a key slot, but it doesn't hold my giant key fob. I like the idea of buying shorts with a zippered pocket. Today I tried to clip the fob to my bra strap, and it worked, but was a little uncomfortable with all the bouncing. Have any of you ladies tried the Joey sports bra? Thinking of getting it...
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of that sports bra, so I googled it and it looks interesting! Where is the company located? Europe or North America? If you get it, let us know how it works!

Another idea -- could you figure out a way to attach your key fob to our shoelaces?

The only thing I would worry about, if a fob were right next to my skin, is that I would get sweat on the fob and it would get gross and rusty.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I use a waist pack or I have a carabiner on my keys so I can hook it to my waistband or wherever I can.
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I ordered this weird belt looking thing on Amazon. It's spandex, fits very snug around the hips, and has 6 or 7 sewn in pockets. I use it at the gym, but also for hiking. It can hold my phone and big bulky keys- no problem. And it's easy to get in and out of. It's called stashbands.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    mack427 wrote: »
    I found a sport pack( fanny pack) fits close the the body can put keys and phone. No flopping. You could think about clipping it to your bra strap.

I'm using a 'fanny pack' type of running belt as well. The strap is made of elastic and the pouch itself is made of a thick spandex, kind of like neoprene. It fits very tightly so there is no pouncing up and down and it holds my phone, keys and tissues and has room for more stuff if needed.
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use a lanyard and put it under my shirt so it doesn't move too much. Does make lots of jingly noises as you go along though. The running belts sound good.