Reversing and overate.

Options
ANT98
ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
So we had a lab in which we had to do something with chocolate chip cookies. Let's just say I went way over on the calories I should have been eating. I'm up to 1700 from starting at 1350-1400. What should I do to prevent weight gain? Eat less the next day, minus 100 a day for the week?

Replies

• wannabf1t
    wannabf1t Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    One day of overeating is not going to make you gain weight, at least not real weight. You might gain some water weight but it should come off easily. The first week I upped my cals I started at 1450 and I ate as much as 2350 on a Sat. I averaged about 1730 for that week. I did gain two lbs that came off within days. I wouldn't worry too much about about eating a few extra cookies.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it. You are trying to signal your body that "food is a good thing again." You can cut back slightly for one day, averaged over your week it will have little effect.

Stress itself can cause you to retain water weight, so just relax and enjoy the process.
    It is okay to eat, you won't be perfect everyday. Just get back on your plan for the next meal and forgive yourself :) I just hope you enjoyed them, I would have they are yummo.
  • ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    wannabf1t wrote: »
    One day of overeating is not going to make you gain weight, at least not real weight. You might gain some water weight but it should come off easily. The first week I upped my cals I started at 1450 and I ate as much as 2350 on a Sat. I averaged about 1730 for that week. I did gain two lbs that came off within days. I wouldn't worry too much about about eating a few extra cookies.

Well, I'm so embarrassed about it, but Thursday I ate like 3000 calories, 1300 over goal, and then Saturday I ate 3000 calories, another 1300 over 1700 reverse diet goal!! Ugghhh. I am so upset that I've been falling back into my binging days. Where do I go from here? Do I try again at 1700 next week, and not go up to 1800? I will not let binging take over.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you already hit better than the 1700 for that week then.
    Do the math - you may have already averaged 1800 also per day.
    If not, then start week with 1800.

If you already averaged 1800, in which case move on up to 1900.

I'd say with cookies being the extra calories - you have for sure topped off your glucose stores and water weight from that - so that's done. Same water weight you lose quick going into diet.

So metabolism and LBM just went up - that's good. Hopefully body feels the need to speed up in general too.