Clean eating, saving money, and cooking faster.

Options
There are time savers and tips that make eating clean convenient and cheap. Here are my shortcuts, what are yours?

1. Can your own food. Soups, fruits, meat, vegetables, jams, sauces, even broth.
2. Freeze a couple of casseroles.
3. Prep veggies when you get home from shopping. They go into my fridge diced and ready to be used.
4. Have a standard "meat mix" in the freezer. We cook the ground meat with veggies and seasoning and freeze it for later use.
5. When celery, peppers, or onion are on sale I buy in bulk, dice it, and freeze in snack sized baggies. It's handy for soups.

Replies

• queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    These are great. Thanks!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I cook a whole chicken at least once a week. It's good for at least 2 meals and I use the bones for stock.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I cook boneless skinless chicken breasts on the weekend in the slow cooker and shread them. I divide them in meal portions and add different flavors (spices, vingerettes, etc) I freeze them and have something ready when in a hurry. I also pack them in my lunches.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,826 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mason Jar Salads/Meals...I just started getting into this and love it. I get home late from work...and tonight, I will sit down to taco salad, fresh and I know exactly what went into it. So much info on this subject...you just can't run out of ideas.

Thanks, great ideas everyone!

Tomorrow, I am making up a batch of chicken taco meat in the crock pot...flavorful and easy.
    Using fresh salsa for liquid.

PS Super topic Allmy!