2 months of keto as of tomorrow and we have lost . . .

2»

Replies

• 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Absolutely - I havent actually looked into where I am exactly on the scale of 'healthy' but know almost everything was lower than I was expecting - she literally did a double take at my cholesterol with her eyebrows raised. I will pull them and post them when the kids go to bed.

I'll tell you I was pissed to see that I'm 7 lbs heavier than I thought, scale at home must be off. My body fat percentage was lower than I expected - I remember that one. 44% and I thought it'd be 50% or more.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Congratulations, amazing results from both of you!
  • 110challenge
    okay, here goes.... results are just barely over 2 months into this journey.

total cholesterol 4.52
    casual glucose 5.3
    blood pressure 126/90 (I was kind of disappointed on this one. My blood pressure drops ridiculously low when I'm pregnant, to the point where I faint in ultrasounds... I'm used to hearing much lower)
    BMI 36.8
    waist circumference (am I really typing this... :( ) 46
    body fat percentage 44.4
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    okay, here goes.... results are just barely over 2 months into this journey.

total cholesterol 4.52
    casual glucose 5.3
    blood pressure 126/90 (I was kind of disappointed on this one. My blood pressure drops ridiculously low when I'm pregnant, to the point where I faint in ultrasounds... I'm used to hearing much lower)
    BMI 36.8
    waist circumference (am I really typing this... :( ) 46
    body fat percentage 44.4

Are you in the UK or Canada? My cholesterol numbers are on the US scale, and everyone knows US numbers don't make sense anywhere else in the world (darned silly arrogant US people...LMAO)... So I don't know how that translates.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cholesterol-test/basics/results/prc-20013282

So my last one was 212 - and it is just over the scale of desirable which here is 200 and in your numbers of 5.2 being the upper limit. So you're well in the desirable range for total cholesterol. Mine is slightly high, but I know the automatic calculations are off when your trigs are lower than normal, and my HDL is improving, plus I'm still actively losing weight, which affects test levels.

Dunno what "casual glucose" is. Here we do a fasting level test and a 3 month average (A1c)... I found this explanation. Health professionals recommend that you use the post-meal glucose level as the standard for random glucose testing (called casual). Acceptable values are around 70-125 mg/dL (3.9-6.9 mmol/L).

My fasting number was 92 - slightly high, but not worrisome too much yet as long as I keep on track and my insulin levels are good (they like you to be below 90, but over 100 is prediabetic, and I think over 120 or something is diabetic.)...my average one or something is 104, so I'm in the good range there, but I'm at the high end. Sounds like you're about the same.

I'm on blood pressure meds, because my hormonal birth control triggers slight high blood pressure, so my readings before meds were like 145/90 or something (highest ever was 170/110, followed by 165/98 - the first was decided to be a glitch in equipment, but that second one was when I was already coming down off a spike. Before BCP and after meds, I'm right in the 120-125/78-83 range. So your bottom number probably has to be "watched." But your upper one is good.

My BMI is 42.3 per a calculator I just pulled up.

Waist is 44 as of June 23rd, so I'm due for a remeasure, just for giggles. I'm a plus size hour glass shape. I nip in tightly at the waist but have a heavier upper abdomen (chest band is 40" with my upper fat roll area above the waist being 44") and wider hips (54" with my stomach overhang, 50" when I measure under it). So if you do bust, waist, hips, I'm 50-44-54...LOL

Body fat percentage I don't know for sure, but most of mine come up in the 40-45% range. I need to have a biometric test done!

So we're in the same ballpark... Always helps to see someone else in our "range." I'm looking forward to more tests next month. :)
  • 110challenge
    oh wow thanks for all of the information! The card they gave me did end up having the ranges on them but yeah, Canadian figures. I hadn't noticed initially as it was during work hours and I struggle with finding enough time in the day as is!

Do you test monthly?

I wont qualify again until next September but am excited to compare!

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Congrats! Very visible differences!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    oh wow thanks for all of the information! The card they gave me did end up having the ranges on them but yeah, Canadian figures. I hadn't noticed initially as it was during work hours and I struggle with finding enough time in the day as is!

Do you test monthly?

I wont qualify again until next September but am excited to compare!

Those results are from the end of April, this year. I'll likely test here in the next few weeks for my mid-month Endoncrinologist check up next month. We're set at every six months for the time being.