Getting Back On Track

Options
Hello!

I had RNY March of '14. Lost 148 lbs. in 13 months. Going to the gym at least 4 days a week. Went on vacation in April and lost all motivation and eat what I want. I unfortunately do not get sick from things I should not eat. I have gained 25 lbs :(

I do NOT want to go back to the old me. I was so uncomfortable and depressed.

I am starting fresh today.

Looking to meet new friends on here in hope with the help of others who know what WLS is about and the desire to eat can help me stay focused and get to my GW.

:)
Crystal

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Sounds like you are ready to get back to the basics. Protein, water, exercise, and ditch the junk. It's harder than it sounds, i know!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Welcome to the group! Sounds like you are ready to get back to the basics. Protein, water, exercise, and ditch the junk. It's harder than it sounds, i know!

Thank you!

Been trying to stay busy at work and not think I want something that I do not need.

• martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    One step at a time! Every moment is an opportunity to start anew and make progress. Going into a shame spiral never accomplished anything. You got this! Food log!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You know what you need to do - follow your plan! You're not alone!
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am back to basics too!!!
  • TraciLee36
    TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I had VSG lost 165 from my highest weight been battling depression again and gained 40lbs. I am trying to get back on track and logging in again. I am good all day until night time. I know I have to get rid of the carbs again and back to basics so that is where I am starting from as of yesterday. Thanks for all the support
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I had VSG 18 months ago, I've been stuck since January, no weight loss, other than the 4lbs I keep sliding up and down between. I know it's the slider foods I've been eating, stuff I know I shouldn't be eating at all... I'm trying to get back and track with that and find an exercise that I don't hate so I'll be interested in doing it. It's a struggle at this point...
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) Started fresh on Tuesday and down 4.5 lbs so far. Still a ways to go but I know I can do it...just got to get my mind right :)
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    :D
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Walk. Outside. It's good for depression, too. This Summer it was so hot I did all my walking in the building I work in. Round and round in windowless halls - excruciatingly boring. But now that the weather has cooled a bit, I have started walking around outside the building. I can easily get over a mile in by walking 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon. Hey, it's better than a cigarette break, and there are way too many people doing that! At that distance and pace, I don't break out in a big sweat either. And I get back to work refreshed and happier.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) Started fresh on Tuesday and down 4.5 lbs so far. Still a ways to go but I know I can do it...just got to get my mind right :)

Awesome! Its truly about getting your head in the game. I struggle with this too! Trying to push through a plateau that's messing with my motivation right now. Hang in there! We can do this!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    Options

Awesome! Its truly about getting your head in the game. I struggle with this too! Trying to push through a plateau that's messing with my motivation right now. Hang in there! We can do this!

The struggle is real lol