I made it through the holiday.

Pretty2me2
Pretty2me2 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
I am sooooo proud of myself, because I made it through my usual labor day meal. grilled smoked sausage(2), hamburger(2), baked beans, cold slaw, potato salad...etc. My brother grilled 1 salmon loin and 1 cod loin " he says if I wanted seconds", also a very good spinach/kale salad. He even brought me my favorite dressing. OPA by lighthouse Greek yogurt feta dill. Desert was a fruit salad(kiwi, strawberry with a small spoonful of whipped cream on top) EVERYTHING ALL HANDMADE, I WAS IN TEARS...lol because I'm usually laughed at for bringing my own foods to family celebrations. Finally the family understands my journey to better health! :)

Replies

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Glad to hear that they are supporting your efforts more.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    That is great news. It is great that your family is on board for helping you instead of hindering. Congrats
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Sounds wonderful!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    So glad your family got it!
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Awww that is wonderful!! It took awhile for my family to get on board too. I think I just needed to prove to them that for once I was being for real and it wasn't just a pipe dream I was saving for another day. Once they saw how much it mean't to me and the lengths I was going through to accomplish it, the support rallied around!! I'm happy for you!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    How awesome is that!!!