Can dental work spike BS?

Options
pennell12
pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
I had a dental procedure complete with novocaine today and my BS went uo and stayed up for awhile. Has anyone ever had their BS spiked this way>

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Any stress can do it. :'(
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yes, absolutely.

Did you tell your dentist that you're a diabetic?? You should, as well as any meds you're on.

I had gum surgery a few years ago, and they put me in that twilight sleep. I was out of it most of the time, but I vaguely remember getting the shakes/ shivers. I heard the nurse ask the doctor if I was cold or what was happening; and I heard him tell her that I am type2 and it was a normal reaction to the anesthesia/ novocaine/ etc.

BY THE WAY. As long as we're talking about teeth.
    Pay attention to your gums. Floss thoroughly; see a dentist regularly.
    Diabetes is hard on your gums (at least it is on mine).

Trust me. You do NOT want to have to have your roots scraped; you don't want to have gum tissue transplanted from one part of your mouth to another.

:s:s:s

I go to my dentist every four months for a cleaning, instead of every 6 months.
    That way, my hygenist can stay ahead of it, and keep an eye on any problems that might pop up, and take steps BEFORE it gets worse. After all, you can't see behind those back molars. :p
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have had them scraped before. Not fun!