Any Low Carbers doing 5:2 or 4:3 willing to share food diaries with me?

Options
carom
carom Posts: 188 Member
Hi, I have been lurking around doing kinda doing some fasting but not properly. Today is my first 500 cal fast day. I am eating low carb and have been very strict with my calories but I can see I will need to let that go for this IF to be successful. Hubby and I watched a doco last night on BBC about 5:2 and he is now keen, YAY! He will be starting next week. I have a lot more weight to lose than him. Anyone keen to share their journey? please 'friend' me :)

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up lowcarb for IF. Depends on how you wanna play your calories.

I went other way, I started on 5:2 and 16:8, then got headaches. Googled it, found atkins flu etc. I reckoned that going in and out of the flu was a waste of energy. Reseached some more and found that being Fat Adapted, using fat as main source of energy + ketones, probably would keep more even energy levels. So I took the plunge and added lowcarb too on the non-FD. Lost 12-13 kg between sept-nov 2014. Then another 2 kg dec-jan. Sorry don't quite remember. Maintained scale weight since then, but have gone down sizes from L to S. Size XS in undies. Still do IF eating window and lowcarb/keto.

No regrets!

Add me if you want, but look in the weeks I actively dieted.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow! Foamroller! that is so good :) Thanks for that info, do you count calories on your non-FD? or just eat low carb and not worry? It does freak me out to think about not counting calories but I think it is ruling me a bit too much.