Smoothie Ideas/Recipes

Options
I like to use smoothies as a easy half dinner between getting off work and running to class for the evening (working 40-45 hours, taking 10 hours at university) and occasionally to replace lunch or breakfast. I'm having a little trouble coming up with recipes online and I'm not terribly creative myself, so I was hoping some of you would share.

Although there are tons of recipes online, too many seem to rely on fruit juice, which jacks up calories way too much for my comfort. I'm also limited in that I can't stand yogurt as a base (turns my stomach).

Currently the ones I do make are blueberries, spinach and chocolate protein powder (sounds odd but it's good), raspberries, blueberries, banana, a little apple juice, cinnamon, and honey with optional protein powder but that makes it weirdly powdery, and mango, pineapple, and silken tofu.

What are your favorites?

Replies

• dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have made the same one each morning for breakfast for the past week. It makes me feel like I get a "treat" at the start of the day...

3-4 ice cubes
    1 ripe banana
    1 cup milk
    1TBSP Almond butter
    2 cups spinach

Clocks in for me at 336 calories.

I was thinking of adding a little coco powder to the mix, but right now I am just enjoying this combination.
  • Maryks23
    Maryks23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you don't like fruit juice then I would recommend replacing it with ice cubes. Personally I just use juice that's good for you not from concentrate or homemade juice. Nom Nom
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado, a small banana, half cup of pineapple cubes, hand full of kale, cinnamon, one cup unsweetened cashew milk, and few ice cubes. right around 275 calories. The banana and avocado make it really smooth, thick, and filling! This is my daily breakfast.