Weigh In

Options
2»

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that online link - that may be the one I used to use - but I can't do a password recover without a username so I created a new account.
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    There are several, but here are the ones I have used or am using.

Both of these are great, and I think I've posted some of the graphs from each of these before. I use the Libra one most often now, but I sometimes go back and keep the online one updated because it has weight information from a LONG time back (years). Everyone should use a weight tracker that shows change in averages or a trend line. The raw data is mostly useless for people.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh everyday. I have a piece of graph paper by the scale on which I plot my weight. Doing that helps me see the overall downward trend so I do not get worried about the fact that I am a pound higher than the day before, because I am still a pound lower than last week.

If you want to avoid it, I agree with making some rues about time, clothing, date and scale used, or just use a tape measure. The others had some good ideas.

Good luck
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I did learn one thing from my trainer - who says I should weight infrequently (and I ignore him) but I should look more at waist size.

A few months ago, my weight got stuck for a few weeks and did not match my eating and I have an accurate beam balance scale. During that period my belt went down 2 notches = 2". Eventually the weight dropped to where I expected.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I do tape measurements monthly (just because it's time consuming). I measure each point 3 times and average the values, because even measuring what I feel like is the same spot can give me a 1 cm difference on the same day. I find that this helps me with knowing where I am at. It's especially important at the moment, because I am working on lean body mass gains and the scale is all over the place. It going up might be good or it might be bad. Just as long as my lean body mass is going up and there's not too much fat coming with it.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Tape measure is one of the best tools in my opinion. My weight has been pretty much static for about 3 weeks but my waist and hip measurements decreased by 4.3% (waist) and 2.6% (hips).