Semi solid / soft food ideas

Options
we need more ideas on foods to eat. Tired of the same things everyday.

Replies

• SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What kinds of things are you eating now?

I love some of the recipes on bariatricfoodie.com or Pinterest has some great ones, as well.
  • SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    http://milestogo.squarespace.com/post-op-food-phase-3-soft-food/

I'm 1 month out from gastric bypass and my favorite meals are:

Lemon Pepper Tilapia - 1 Tilapia filet, extra virgin olive oil (lightly covering), then lemon pepper seasoning, and finally finely grated Parmesan cheese (very light) - bake in oven

Greek Yogurt Chicken - 1 chicken breast, cover with mixture of greek yogurt and dry ranch dressing and then bake in oven (little harder on my pounch, so I have to chew really well)

Fiesta Chicken - In crockpot place chicken breasts, cover with mild salsa, crockpot for as long as needed and then use a fork to shred chicken

I do not eat any breads, pastas, etc.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I survived on Greek yogurt,baybel cheese, and Wendy's Chili, for the most part. Some crock pot dishes might be a smart idea, since they usually come out soft and moist.
  • christophertoddchandler
    Options
    I liked the healthwise protein soups. with a piece of melted cheese, they were very good.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Premade deli soups added some great variety for me. Added a scoop of musclegen unflavored protein powder helped a ton and really amped up my protein intake.

Shrimp and soft white fish were also staples during soft food stage. Cottage cheese, smoked salmon. Egg salad. Dannon light and fit Greek yogurts. Baybel light cheese. Hummus. Refried beans.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I second the refried beans. They were a staple for me during purees/soft mechanical. I used to take plain greek yogurt and flavor it with water enhancement drops so I could make whatever flavor I was in the mood for that day.

I'm almost 7 months out now and can pretty much eat most things (although I avoid pasta, bread, and rice). One of my favorite meals to make is chicken stir-fried into either broccoli slaw or zucchini noodles, which can be cooked down to whatever consistency you want as far as the "noodles" go. I bought a spiralizer and it has really renewed my creative energy with food - I even made some zoodle pad Thai recently, and it turned out great. The thread "Let's see what you are eating" on page 2 probably has even more ideas - check it out!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has many ideas and recipes. I love eggface's recipes. She has a whole section on puréed diet suggestions. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com