September Daily Chat

Options
Hi there,

How about a thread where we can share our current eating & exercise plans, questions, victories, defeats etc.?

I am a 48yr old woman. I was once a Primal success story. I had lost 80 lbs, but gained about 50 back in the last year. (Emotional eating / Bingeing)

Anyway I am still a true believer. I used to maintain a journal on another site and frankly, I miss the personal support.

Right now, I am attempting to eat Primally and not binge. Later I plan to do a whole 30 type of thing. Current weight 247.3.

I am in the process of reading Chris Kresser's Book "The Paleo Cure" to remind myself of the benefits of this lifestyle.

For exercise, I am following the book "Body By You", in addition to TRX and Yoga. I am not nearly as consistent as I would like to be. (1-2x / week)

How about you?

Replies

• MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me how fast inflammation goes down when I eat clean food. Three days Primal, down 5 lbs.

In other news, I have to give kudos to the Fitbit company. I have been having battery life issues (only 6 hrs of life to a charge). I sent an email. They investigated by looking at my account. They are sending me a replacement. The entire process took 2 days. Impressive.
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    Options
    It always amazes me how fast inflammation goes down when I eat clean food. Three days Primal, down 5 lbs.

In other news, I have to give kudos to the Fitbit company. I have been having battery life issues (only 6 hrs of life to a charge). I sent an email. They investigated by looking at my account. They are sending me a replacement. The entire process took 2 days. Impressive.
    That is impressive :smiley:
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hello! I like the idea of a chat thread, I used to partake in them on another site as well!

I LOVE my Fitbit! I had several One's before I realized I could not keep losing them! lol So I got a Flex and I love it!

Today I am happy because my husband seems to FINALLY get it!! He came home and did yard work and chores because he knows he has volunteer stuff all weekend! Before, he would just stick me with all of it and have no remorse!!
  • Buckeye_Beastette
    Options
    Holy Newbie!!! I'm totally new and just joined. Planning on starting the Paleo Diet on 9-14-15.
  • MDAPebbles67
    Options
    Welcome all.

Legit, I hope your first day went well.

I have settled on a Primal plan that consists of a Bullet Proof Coffee for breakfast, a large high protein Lunch, a Snack and a small dinner. This allows me to eat within an 8 hr window and to keep my energy up for work. I also find that eating more later helps with my worst binge hours of 3pm-9pm.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Pebbles! Have you read The Paleo Miracle? It would be another good inspirational book. A bunch of success stories.

Long time no see. Twibble (or Twibbly) from MDA.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a daily chat, I keep making excuses and I want to be healthier and hopefully lighter by the end of the year. I've even fallen off the xfit wagon and now have a knee injury and am forced to rest so food is even more important.

Fitbit has great customer service, I lost my one from my bra and they sent a new one right away. Wow.
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm new to paleo/primal! Trying to slog through Primal Living (it's a bit boring after reading much of the info other places). Down 7lbs and 5" in my first two weeks!
  • MDAPebbles67
    Options
    Hey Twibbly,
    Thanks for the book recommendation.

Today I began working toward a Whole 30 / clean Paleo plan. The only thing I didn't drop this morning was the stevia in my coffee, but I did measure it. I feel like part of my struggle in staying clean may have to do with AS and dairy.
    I'm confused. It is almost as if I know too much and have tried too many incarnations of Primal/Paleo. I just want to be able to eat cleanly for more than two days in a row.
  • keemra
    keemra Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great idea - I'm in. I am a 64 year old female, living in Tokyo, Japan. I have been gluten free for almost 30 years, but recently some of my symptoms have returned. (joint pain, digestion problems, skin problems, etc) In March I read Terry Wahl's "The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles." It really fired me up to try Paleo. I went grain free, dairy free, sugar free, and legume free, and within 2 weeks, all my symptoms were gone. I also lost a stubborn 10 pounds and got down to my goal weight of 127.

But.. Hubby and I spent all of August in the US visiting our children and grandchildren. My kiddies were all excited about showing me all the new gluten free foods that are now available in the US. Gluten free pizza, gluten free waffle cones - with ice cream to go with it, gluten free s'mores.... The list goes on. It was fun! Of course, I developed digestion problems and joint pain. I am back in Tokyo now with 5 extra pounds and struggling to get motivated again. I am especially having trouble giving up dairy again. I am back at the gym again too, but am really bummed out about how much strength and endurance I lost.
  • MDAPebbles67
    Options
    I ate sardines today...and I didn't die. :p
  • kthor036
    kthor036 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the conversation. Like many, I have fallen off the Primal wagon and have gained weight and feel lousy. Getting back to eating properly but it is hard while you still have cravings for junk. Inspiration is most welcome!
  • auntneen
    auntneen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I ate sardines today...and I didn't die. :p

I love this. I grew up eating sardines so I never had a problem but I know so many people do. Also grew up with liver and other organ meat. My friends hated coming for dinner at my house. Lol. I recently took the plunge to oysters though. Started with smoked in olive oil and have graduated to raw! Never ever thought I would do that!
  • MDAPebbles67
    Options
    I went clean Paleo three days ago and am doing well. Clean Paleo for me means dropping dairy for the most part.

In addition, I am choosing to eat very low carb for a while. Trying to break the craving/binge cycle.

My only concern is that my protein intake dropped dramatically due to dropping whey protein. Planning to add some ground turkey (4 oz-30g protein) daily to take up the slack. I am aiming for a min of 115 grams.

My chiro wants me to up my intake of Omega 3. I will be eating sardines every three days or so to have a natural source. I had them with a salad. Not too bad.
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use sardines as part of a Greek salad and find it works out beautifully. This is especially true if you use anchovies also. Again the omega-3s go up really well Good luck on everything
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

I had to call Fitbit myself because Monday my tracker suddenly won't sync with my phone or the computer! So I was 10, 000 steps or more short that day! I hit my 10, 000 and still was moving after that! I have a replacement now they sent me, but luckily I had a backup from a friend! Now, I could barely understand the rep, and he said things like "Do this and it will work" and I already told him I did all that, but the end result was he sent me a new one right away.
  • MDAPebbles67
    Options
    cindytw, Luckily, my entire transaction took place by email. I hate dealing with reps on the phone.

Last night was the cast party for a musical I was in. I did not behave. Back to clean Paleo today. My lower carb, clean plan worked great last week. I dropped down to the low 240's. Needless to say, I took a break from weighing today. :P
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi - just joined your group. I am almost a week into Paleo style diet. Mostly learned from internet (it is always right) But am looking for somewhere a newbie to Paleo/primal can get advice/suggestions/etc. I understand pasta bread/grains are out. Anyone with any simple suggestions or ideas I would love them.
  • reecoleman
    reecoleman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I joined MFP today and am excited to keep track of my results. I have been AIP (autoimmune protocol for 1.5 years) and now find my body needs are shifting and went today to a paleo nutritionist who adjusted my carbs, fat and protein and suggested I join this group. I am looking forward to connecting with all. AIP changed my inflammation and life and I do real well with it
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling this week with what I'm assuming is premenstrual bloating (no weight loss for 9 days). Fingers crossed that it picks up again next week!