Exercising

Options
katnip40
katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
I did 1 mile around football/track field, I ran up and down 10 rows of bleachers 10 times and i was able to do about 5 squats with my daughter. I"m already starting to feel the pain in my thighs but i know it's a good pain :smiley:

Replies

• memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You'll really feel it tomorrow. I know whenever I do something I haven't done in a while I feel like someone just beat me up. Ibuprofen and nice warm showers help. But the soreness is so worth it. Take a day for your muscles to rest and recover, but don't quit!
  • TS054
    TS054 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did my wheelchair exercises for the first time today. The exercise board won't let me log it in. I need help. Now I can exercise like everyone else but from a wheelchair. I am proud of myself!!
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    TS054 wrote: »
    I did my wheelchair exercises for the first time today. The exercise board won't let me log it in. I need help. Now I can exercise like everyone else but from a wheelchair. I am proud of myself!!

Way to go! I'm proud of you too! You are an encouragement to others. Keep up the good work :smile:
    As far as logging your calorie burn on MFP, maybe look up a calorie counter online and see if any of the exercises are listed, then go on MFP and find an exercise with about the same calorie burn. I usually don't log exercises just because I don't want MFP to give me too many extra calories to eat, most of the time the exercise calorie adjustment is way too high and you can get into trouble by eating back too many of your burned calories. You could also try using something like the Fitbit with a heart rate monitor and link it to MFP
  • katnip40
    katnip40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wasn't as sore as i thought i was going to be so maybe i didn't work as hard as i could have. Congratulations TS054 you are very encouraging and keep up the great work. You are now officially my role model :)