Is this for real??

Options
So I bought some Fareway Bratwurst patties last night, thinking there's all kinds of fillers in them I can't have them, but the kids wanted them....
Um...
Calories 390
Carbs 0
Fat 32
Protien 24

Other than them being fairly high in calories. (and incredibly salty) Is this for real? Like I can have a "convenience" food - cause all these require is throwing them on the grill wrapping in a piece of lettuce if desired and voila - a meal.

Where's the catch?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I tried googling but I couldn't find anything on it. Is fareway a local store near you?
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yes Fareway is a local store brand. And the myfitness pal matched up with the container (for once lol)
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    Another quick question - does 1600 cals, 20 carbs, 124 fat, 100 protein, 64 sugar, 25 fiber. Does that look/sound way off? I readjusted to get to the low low carbs. And it only gives me three % boxes to change on here.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I bought store-brand bratwursts here (I can't remember if they are Kroger or HEB), but they have 3g carbs per link. Lucky you if yours really are zero-carb!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You can change the other percentages on another page. Pretty certain you can't eat 64g sugar and only 20g carbs. :p Micronutrients is the column next to macros on the Goals page.

Percentages are 5c, 70f, 25p for those who are playing from home. Seems to be about right.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Another quick question - does 1600 cals, 20 carbs, 124 fat, 100 protein, 64 sugar, 25 fiber. Does that look/sound way off? I readjusted to get to the low low carbs. And it only gives me three % boxes to change on here.

I don't ever look at my sugars. I watch my carbs, protein, fat and that's it. I add lo salt and salt to everything and take magnesium so I know im good
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I think the sugar and fiber are default numbers that MFP gives you? You can change it though, under "Goals" and then "micronutrients".
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    Yeah I didn't see where I could change the sugar and fiber, but I'll take a look now.

And as far as those pattys being zero carb, I won't hold my breath but they're better than not. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yeah I didn't see where I could change the sugar and fiber, but I'll take a look now.

It can be done on a computer, not sure on phone app.

• annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    um. lose the sugar, sugar. Really. It is the stuff that will wreak havoc on any diet. ZERO sugar. Period.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love johnsonville better with cheddar sausages. They have a couple carbs but I make room for them.