How it Works

Lovee_Dove7
Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
This is to explain how to plan your diet effort. How it works: You will reach your daily goals of protein intake, veggie intake, Carbohydrate intake, fiber intake, water intake; your fat intake and daily calorie intake will naturally fall into place when you reach the protein, veggie, carbohydrate, fiber and water goals. For a period of time, you will exclude fruit, dairy, grains and added sugar.
You will also wean off of caffeine (take a week to do this).

Protein goal: 1g protein for every pound of your lean body mass. Simply put, you'll feed your muscle protein. I'm 5'7", and my own lean body mass is about 120lbs, so I aim to eat about 120g protein daily.

Veggie intake: 16oz of non-starchy veggies daily, including lots of dark leafy greens. Use of a food scale ($20) is highly recommended!! Weighed in grams, that is 454g daily. Another way to divide the 454g of veggies is 150g at each of 3 meals. I like to eat a small stir-fry with breakfast, a chopped salad with lunch, and steamed veggies with dinner. Soup is another way to include veggies.
Carbohydrate intake: Keep Net carbs 49g or less. Net carbs is simply your carbohydrate intake minus your fiber intake...Carbs - Fiber = Net Carbs.
Fiber Intake: Work up to 35-45g fiber daily, adding about 5g fiber daily until you reach your goal. Fiber intake is crucial to get the kind of results you want during weight loss!!

Water intake: Keep track! Drink a minimum of 80oz daily.

Fat intake and Calories: It's important to realize that your fat intake will go up since your carbohydrate intake will be decreasing!! This will NOT make you gain fat! Eat avocado, refined or virgin coconut oil, nuts and nut butters, ghee, olive oil. Don't eat refined oils (except refined coconut oil, which has the odor of coconut removed). Use as much fat as you need to make your meals. My own fat intake is 40-50% of my calories, and I lost 25lbs in 3 months doing this.