New to LCHF, 54 year old lady (girl in my head!) with a lot to lose and in the UK.

Options
2»

Replies

• fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome!!!!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hi, Another UK LCHFer here. I've lost 3.5 stone since the beginning of this year. I had a break from tracking on here over the summer with the aim of maintaining for a few weeks (which I did) and now back in the saddle, hoping to lose another stone by Xmas and then I'll be happy.

This is by far and away the best, best, best 'diet' I've ever been on. I think it was in this group someone said "I feel like I won the diet lottery", I couldn't agree more! Over the summer although i've not been tracking I've still eaten low carb and still exercised but I've been able to eat out (a lot!) and enjoy beers with friends (a lot!). I've honestly not felt like I've been on a diet, hardly anyone can tell when we're out either and yet still, this is the first year in goodness knows how long that I've come back off holiday without putting weight on. It feels like a miracle!

Please do add me as a friend - even though I'm not actually very good at checking my home page on here!

Glad you had a great summer @DissLocated you have done amazingly well!

• inspirationstation
    Options
    Not in the UK :smile: , but a warm welcome to you.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Hi Lozzie, I sent you a friend request. I'm not in the UK but a Canadian expat living in the US now. But I do know a few things English since we are a commonwealth country :)
  • gsrader
    gsrader Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! I'm old and fat and don't want to be either! I want to get back to being active again. I had some problems with my left leg a few years ago and had to sit on the couch with it elevated. Then, my right knee gave up the ghost, and to be able to walk, I had a total knee replacement. During those years, the thing I was best at...was sitting on the couch! I managed to pack on a substantial number of pounds, and became (if possible) even more sedentary! I started the LCHF way of life a week ago tomorrow. I guess I expected weight to just disappear, and the first day or three, it did, but even though I'm careful to keep carbs around 20, it's crept back up about 3 pounds. I suspect that my popcorn will have to go. I stay within the carb limit, but maybe it's the corn.
  • DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, Another UK LCHFer here. I've lost 3.5 stone since the beginning of this year. I had a break from tracking on here over the summer with the aim of maintaining for a few weeks (which I did) and now back in the saddle, hoping to lose another stone by Xmas and then I'll be happy.

This is by far and away the best, best, best 'diet' I've ever been on. I think it was in this group someone said "I feel like I won the diet lottery", I couldn't agree more! Over the summer although i've not been tracking I've still eaten low carb and still exercised but I've been able to eat out (a lot!) and enjoy beers with friends (a lot!). I've honestly not felt like I've been on a diet, hardly anyone can tell when we're out either and yet still, this is the first year in goodness knows how long that I've come back off holiday without putting weight on. It feels like a miracle!

Please do add me as a friend - even though I'm not actually very good at checking my home page on here!

Glad you had a great summer @DissLocated you have done amazingly well!

Thanks! Nice to 'see' you again :smile:
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hi Lorraine! Sending you a friend request. I don't consistently log my food anymore since it got boring logging meat, eggs, and cheese everyday and I felt I had this figured out. Hang in there and find the level that works for you!
    @gsrader, the longer you allow those high carb foods into your diet, the longer it will take you to lose the cravings for them. I can just about guarantee that you won't miss them at all! Welcome to the group though! :smiley: