Stress

Options
In the middle of an incredibly stressful time, sitting bedside in hospital. This time, I'm managing to keep to paleo. It helped this morning that I was able to get bacon and eggs and organic raspberries in the hospital cafe, after a mostly sleepless night.

The stress is making my joints stiff and painful, but not as much as if I threw Paleo by the wayside for the duration.

Replies

• Captaincove
    Captaincove Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hang in there.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Trying. Slept the night before last out of sheer exhaustion. This past night, not so much.

In other news, you can actually buy packets of Krave jerky in the hospital cafeteria at a decent price, and their hamburgers are made with antibiotic-free beef, and there is no iceberg lettuce to be found. I suspect the Romaine and spring salad mix to be organic. Our friend scored a pizza with gluten free crust that didn't resemble cardboard.

Someone at this place has a clue, IMO.

After our previous hospital stay (different hospital, inedible SAD food) I am amazed and grateful.
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you are finding some good options at the hospital. That has not been my experience here. Are you able to get out for a walk? Up and down the hallway? Even lunges and wall sits in the room might make you feel better if you can. Hang in there!
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing the best you can. Take care of yourself.