New to group in week 7 of IP

Hi All,

I've been using MyFitnessPal for awhile now but never bothered with the "community" but after a Google search for "plateau on IP", I decided I definitely need some advice! I only call when I need something.....lol

I'm headed into week 7 of IP and I'm proud to say that I've lost 28lbs. Here are my stats:
32, Female, 5'8"
Starting Weight: 217
Current Weight: 189
1st Goal Weight: 174
1st-2nd Wk Loss: 16lbs that's a two week weigh in, I travel for work a LOT)
3rd: 4lbs
4th: 4lbs
5th&6th: 4lbs (2 wk weigh in)
7th: supposed to go weigh in in an hour

Here's the thing- I'm falling prey to the negative mindset that I'm stalling....weeks 5&6 included an irregularly long menstrual cycle and flying (which always plumps me up with water) but I could sure use some words of encouragement. Quitting isn't an option- I'm too invested but some sage words would be appreciated (like the internet's version of a high five :)

I'll make sure my diary is "open" after I post this and feel free to pick it apart!

Some last notes:
-I haven't cheated...Not even once. My personality doesn't allow for it. The hardest part for me is eating everything I'm supposed to (some days those two cups of veg at dinner is way too much) still, I force myself to eat them.
-I'm not exercising at the advice of my coach. Closest thing to exercise I've had is marching through airports to get to my connections on time.

I know this is a long post, but I also know that there are people out there who on their own journeys and are smarter than me. Please Make it rain (with advice and encouragement).

:) thanks!

Replies

• Just started myself but i am inspired
  • Lonapaterson
    Lonapaterson Posts: 24 Member
    Day 42 on phase 1
  • happyclover
    happyclover Posts: 11 Member
    Just started myself but i am inspired

How are you feeling? I thought I was living in an LSD flashback during the keto flu stage! I'm kidding of course, but for real- I was foggy, out of sorts, and crazy tired! But man, that first weigh in was SO validating! YOU GOT THIS!

• happyclover
    Day 42 on phase 1
    Awesome! So we're only about a week or so different in our journeys! The best part about this phase in phase 1 (haven't had coffee yet, vocabulary limited) is having already committed restricted foods to memory, being in a routine, and feeling way more in tune with my body. I can actually feel when I've lost weight overnight- it's like a hollow feeling! Can you?
  • happyclover
    Hey guys! Just updating....just did a 2wk weigh in....HAVE LOST 38lbs now!!!! I'm 179. ONE SEVENTY NINE. Holy crackers. I just keep saying that number over and over....Like, I could go to the DMV and no longer lie about my weight. SOLID GOLD. How you guys doing?
  • mickimicheleb
    mickimicheleb Posts: 3 Member
    Week 2 weigh in and I'm down 4.4 lbs total since starting IP. I switched clinics after week 1 much closer to home and have a wonderful coach. Weights at other clinic were off (lower) than where I am going now, and I have no explanation for that . My scale at home is broken, so I have no idea what I weigh until I go in each Tuesday.
  • happyclover
    Week 2 weigh in and I'm down 4.4 lbs total since starting IP. I switched clinics after week 1 much closer to home and have a wonderful coach. Weights at other clinic were off (lower) than where I am going now, and I have no explanation for that . My scale at home is broken, so I have no idea what I weigh until I go in each Tuesday.

That's awesome!!! The closest coach to me is an hour away, but I sorry of like using the time for reflection :) You're doing it the right way- weighing in only at the coach's...I'm obsessed with daily tracking (highly motivational for me)!