Afternoon snacking

Options
I could really use some help with my afternoon snacking. For some reason this time of day is the worst for me. Lately it's gotten worse and I would like to work on it. I feel out of control with my hunger even though there is no logic for it as I eat healthy fulfilling breakfast and lunch. Yesterday I wasn't feeling emotional. The only thing I want to do is sit down and relax before dinner. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Jenn_M_76
    Jenn_M_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Afternoon snacking took a while for me to get a handle on. I played around with the balance of proteins and carbs that I had for lunch and almost doubled the number of calories in my healthy snack I had in the afternoon. If I start to get cravings now, I just assess how much water I drank. Usually I am running behind...which usually comes if I have been stuck in meetings all day. :-)

I eat 5 times a day, all which contain protein, and I seem to be able to keep cravings at bay most days.
  • Sabrinarose8
    Sabrinarose8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to respond! I am going to work on preparing some snacks with more protein for next week and see how that goes
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love hard-boiled eggs or mixed nuts or Greek yogurt. I would love to hear both of your ideas as well!
  • Jenn_M_76
    Jenn_M_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the hard boiled eggs too. I like the idea of mixed nuts and Greet yogurt, but I just can't get into them. (I try them again once in a while, just to see if my feelings change...ha ha!)

I usually gravitate towards cheese and chicken breast for snacks (with a fruit or veggie). I usually buy pre-cut/packaged. I know it is more expensive to go that way, but it just takes the hassle out of the cutting, measuring, weighing aspect. I can grab them quickly and go and know exactly how many calories I am having at a time.

After workouts, I tend to make a protein shake. It's quick and gets to work right away without weighing heavy in my stomach.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I make up my own dried fruit (unsweetened ) and nut packs. I also like mini muffins made with whole food ingredients (no flour or sugar). I only need 1-2 to keep the edge off.