Yoga Poses

Options
Post your favorite Yoga Pose, or class, or what you did that you want to share. My favorites are inversions! I love challenging myself to be different, and upside down is pretty different. I want to be able to do the scorpion one day!

Replies

• BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Lets get this show on the road! Here is a Sun Salutation. Basically it's a pray to the morning (sun). You don't have to think of it as a prayer, but it's good to do in the morning to start your day off right. Even if you only do the salutation once, is more beneficial than not doing it at all! SO lets start the day off right today! OPEN you HEART and let the love flow through your body. FEEL your heart beat and enjoy the rhythmic sound of life. ENJOY!

mkwmqvx2zn5b.jpg
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should do some daily/weekly/monthly yoga related challenges eg. Daily sun salutations for a week or anything really :)
  • sophilyplum
    sophilyplum Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    We should also have a separate, weekly thread about our yoga achievements?
  • AutumnSkye_16
    AutumnSkye_16 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like your idea, Vegangela
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options

You should create a thread for achievements :)
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    vegangela_ wrote: »
    Perhaps we should do some daily/weekly/monthly yoga related challenges eg. Daily sun salutations for a week or anything really :)

Absolutely!
  • SwissMatterhorn
    SwissMatterhorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like the tree pose or other balance poses as I find they focus and still my mind. I also like the Pilates mermaid movement for a good lateral stretch.
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    I like the tree pose or other balance poses as I find they focus and still my mind. I also like the Pilates mermaid movement for a good lateral stretch.

Have you seen Pitch Perfect? when I read the Pilates Mermaid movement I totally thought of Amy getting on the ground and doing her mermaid thing! LOL
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    ANyone hae a tight back or pain in your back? This seems to be a common thing among people. So here are some poses to help with back pain:

Pigeon pose is another good one, But here is a link with a youtube video in the article. ENJOY!