Breakfast ideas - bord with eggs.

Options
I'm on ketosis LCHF less than 25g a day for 15 weeks now.
I have mainly eggs (cooked every way) for brealfast and now getting over them.

What are your breakfast ideas for VLC high protein?

Replies

• smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was also getting bored off eggs for breakfast until I stopped seeing breakfast as a meal where you have to have eggs or bacon or all those other "breakfasty" foods. I often eat what i would eat for another meal. Mostly I eat left over veggies and meat from the night before. I have even been know to eat curry for breakfast. It's sort of become a running joke at the office as to what I will be eating for breakfast that day. Had a lovely LCHF lemon cheesecake last week.
  • MrsMES10
    MrsMES10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have found that it's easiest if one abandons the idea that certain foods are breakfast and others are not, especially if (like me) you like savory in the morning. I am having 1/2 an avocado with cream cheese and hot sauce this morning. I have turkey and cheese rolls quite frequently.
  • LadyMcClure
    LadyMcClure Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ditto the above posts. I eat a turkey burger every morning for breakfast. There's no reason to limit yourself to the conventional breakfast foods.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Agree with the boredom. It's just that eggs are so stinking cheap, plus the fact that I eat them first thing while I'm still half asleep so I don't notice them as much (never been an egg fan). ;)

If you want, like me, to stick with eggs as much as possible, I'd get on Pinterest and start looking for new creative ideas.

Some recipes I'm using are:

1. A fried egg with cheese melted on it (lots if cheese helps, and I try new cheeses from a great cheese shop my grocery store has which helps).

2. Or sauté some fresh spinach and then crack an egg into it, fold it till cooked and then stir in some garlic salt and of course more cheese. ;)

3. Try making a crustless (or almond crust) quiche is also a good plan cause you make it once and then get six servings out of it that are already made and just need to be nuked every day - plus you can cover that egg taste with meat, veggies, and cheese.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    smuller73 wrote: »
    I was also getting bored off eggs for breakfast until I stopped seeing breakfast as a meal where you have to have eggs or bacon or all those other "breakfasty" foods. I often eat what i would eat for another meal. Mostly I eat left over veggies and meat from the night before. I have even been know to eat curry for breakfast. It's sort of become a running joke at the office as to what I will be eating for breakfast that day. Had a lovely LCHF lemon cheesecake last week.

You put a big smile on my face. I think I have taken this woe too seriously looking at your thinking. Love it. Thank-you.

To the rest of the replys thanks. I was expecting recipes but instead you gave me a different way of thinking which is really more liberating.

Thank everyone of you.
    This group is such a help.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love to eat leftovers for breakfast. Although, for me it probably helps a bit that I hate breakfast first thing in the morning. ick. lol. So I drink coffee, then mid-morning I'll eat breakfast. My only problem is days that I work (I do substitute teaching so depending on the grade I can't necessarily eat at 10:00). If I'm working I usually eat a cheese stick and some pepperoni slices. Otherwise I'll often eat whatever we had for dinner the night before. I also keep some things frozen -- I buy the Angus burgers from Costco, or salmon burgers -- and that's easy to cook up. Actually the Costco Angus burgers are already cooked so they take 2 minutes in the microwave, then 20 seconds to melt some cheese on top. :)
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    does anyone know what thread a hemp breakfast cereal recipe link was posted in? I can't seem to find it. or does anyone know a good easy recipe?
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Right there with you all. I will often eat steak for breakfast. If it's good enough for the Aussies, it's good enough for me!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    monikker wrote: »
    does anyone know what thread a hemp breakfast cereal recipe link was posted in? I can't seem to find it. or does anyone know a good easy recipe?

@monikker Is this the one you're looking for? Or was it a different one? We've come across granola and normalish cereals along the way.

http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2015/01/grain-free-hemp-heart-porridge-just-nuts-seeds/