Repticon, calories burned, and arthritis

Options
So I will start with arthritis.  My mother has an ankle that is swollen and hurts when she walks alot. We thought it was bursitis but apparently it's Achilles arthritis?  I never knew that was a thing... I have been 'playfully nudging' my parents towards keto. They are thinking it's insane less and less as they see me loosing weight, being overall happier, not having allergy problems and basically never using my inhailer. I can't wait till I get blood work next month! Anyway,  would keto help with general arthritis?

I went to Repticon today! I took my 5yo daughter with me and she loved it. So we walked around for basically 3 hours. MFP said I burned 576 calories.  It seems high to me... could it be right?

I hope these pictures work.

20150919_121835.jpg

20150919_115509.jpg

I really wanted this guy... so pretty (the picture doesn't do it justice) 20150919_120944.jpg

My daughters pick. 20150919_164324.jpg

My new babies 20150919_164858.jpg

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    They're so cute !
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Those geckos are cool! My kid wants one. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @mongoosealamode last year about this time I went the keto route to manage my arthritis pain which I called it an 7-8 level on a 1-10 scale. 30 days later it had dropped so much I called it 2-3. A year later the pain is a bit less.

I am currently reading Wheat Belly Total Health (2014) by William Davis MD. He states most of our health related issues stem from eating seeds of grasses (wheat, rye, oats, corn, etc).

Last Oct (2014) I had to do something fast to prevent taking dangerous pain meds for my pain so cold turkey I went off of foods containing sugars and or grains. Dr. Davis is not "Anti" on all sugars but he is "Anti" on the seeds of any form of grass because we do not have the stomach of a cow to process grains.

Remember most people prefer death over changing their diet for better health.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Keto helped my autoimmune arthritis. My osteoarthritis in my knees is much better but that could be from weight loss (-30lb). The OA in my hips is just a bit better. They are still a problem for me.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Keto helped my autoimmune arthritis. My osteoarthritis in my knees is much better but that could be from weight loss (-30lb). The OA in my hips is just a bit better. They are still a problem for me.

70 lbs down. My ankles, knees & back much better. My right hip... kind of better.
    Walking in a straight line the hip is fine, rotate or step up no so good.
    Carbs 23g or less a day.

>:) OR o:)

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

70 lbs down. My ankles, knees & back much better. My right hip... kind of better.
    Walking in a straight line the hip is fine, rotate or step up no so good.
    Carbs 23g or less a day.

>:) OR o:)

Yah, darn hips. I was a basketball coaches camp today and trying to keep up with the big boys. I learned a lot, but I also learned that my nose is at the same height as the post player I ended up guarding, and that my left hip can't handle more than two hours of basketball... I should have stopped at 10 minutes. LOL I'm hobbling and I can feel my hip to my knee.

There are no straight lines in basketball. ;)