Weekly Post September 20th - 26th

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
Busy week with quite a few social obligations. Due to several very spontaneous meets, I had no real fast this week, but 2-3 low days. Weight is higher than I'd like but stable or sinking very very slowly. That won't get better for another 4 weeks, because life will be a bit crazy until then and I have a week of vacation in Dublin at the beginning of October. Definitely not dieting then!!

Had a great day on Monday... Was invited to a whole day makeover from the online dating site I signed up for a couple of months ago. Haven't found my prince...but the makeover was fun ;-) Here is the outcome...

t23fs1pcicck.jpg

Such a great day and a fun fall outfit!!

Another socially packed week before me (mostly combined with a meal out), so one fast on Monday and then, I'll go for a bit of IF for the rest of the week to keep my cals in check B)

Have a good week everybody!!

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Flumi, you look so chic and red looks good on you!!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great smile, fun outfit, overall impression - super adorable! I love that you don't wait around for 'your prince' but you are out there living life to the fullest.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Super Cute! Sounds like you have some fun exciting weeks ahead, enjoy yourself!
    This week was a complete disaster. And I am good with that. I am just going to get back on track and move on. Weigh in day is tomorrow. I fully expect a sizeable gain. The good part about having such a terrible week is that I feel so gross. I am really looking forward to my fast on Monday. I know I will feel so much better!

Oh my goodness. I can totally relate!!! The last four days including today have been a total disaster... I have been in the teenage mood "I don't give a crap!" Although I know I will give a crap when I step back on the scale :s

And yes! Tomorrow I will need my fast and be ever so grateful to flush my system!!

• ecr73
    ecr73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After my first week back on 5:2, weighed in this morning to find I have lost 5llbs!!! I doubled checked it 5 times. Cant quite believe it. It has certianly spurred me on for this week and 2nd fast day of the week today. :-)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Flumi, I love the red! This week has been MUCH better! Less stress, more sleep and better eating. Snaps, I hope it has been better for you, too!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Ty @orlcam for promiting snaps to mod! I was gonna suggest, but you're faster than me :)

I have a lot of life stuff going on atm. I know I promised a write up at anniversary, but I'm not ready yet. Two injuries lately and whatnot. I've stopped weighing food this month and haven't gained so far. I can just see the slightest outline of mini abs (not much muscle there, lol) and the veins on arms and legs are visibly blue, but not popping.

If I had not found 5:2 and this lovely group of people 1 year ago, I'd probably be well into BMI obese by now. 5:2 broke my long frustrating plateau. I'm very grateful <3
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    ...oh, forgot to say that since started intuitive eating, I've probably done some accidental fasting. Seldom hungry lately and eat whatever, including some nice supercrunchy (doublefried) potato chips with resistant starch :*
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    Ty @orlcam for promiting snaps to mod! I was gonna suggest, but you're faster than me :)

Your too sweet Foamroller! I had two very decent fasts this week which included today, but my other days were a bit too indulgent, but on the up side...my jeans are feeling looser today! I feel thinner, but I am frightened of the scale right now...
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Good job Snaps!! And Foami, I hope those injuries heal well. Take care of yourself! :*

As mentioned it was not a week to fast....but was a busy but fun week. Lunch with my colleague, an afternoon date with a dinner invitation (and he cooked for me!), a clothes party (oh my....it's expensive being a 36/38 :p ) And last night I took my new outfit (the pic above) to town...went to a over 30 dance party with a girlfriend and danced for 3.5 h. OMG...it's been too long! Need to do that more often. Oh and my outfit and I. ...did get quite a few looks :o

Will now enjoy a quiet weekend with some exercise, housework and rest :)

Weight is too high but stabil. Which is good considering the meals and the cocktails I've had this week. Did manage a few lower days, just no fasts.

One more week and I'm off to Dublin to meet some of my awesome mfp friends in person! !!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I had my second fast on Thursday and woke up to eyebrow-raising results!! I stepped on the scale only to find I was at a weight I haven't seen since high school, which amounts to about 20 years ago. I was so surprised to see I was below 150, I took a picture for proof! I'm only 4 lbs away from my goal and am more motivated than ever. This really is a way of eating I can do for the long haul!!
  • flossyruby1
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oops...wrong thread
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I had my second fast on Thursday and woke up to eyebrow-raising results!! I stepped on the scale only to find I was at a weight I haven't seen since high school, which amounts to about 20 years ago. I was so surprised to see I was below 150, I took a picture for proof! I'm only 4 lbs away from my goal and am more motivated than ever. This really is a way of eating I can do for the long haul!!

Awesome! That's encouraging to all of us! :)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Russell, thank you!! There is a bit of disbelief and fear in realizing I'm so close. Anyone who thinks losing is hard hasn't experienced maintenance. I have never been successful with maintaining a loss. I'm going into it a little more confident with some variation of IF, but it's unchartered territory.